Chapter 3

Amelia's P.O.V
______________

We walked into the cafe and it was packed with people. Some were waiting for their orders others were sitting and chatting to other people or friends. I loved this cafe because we would go here with Alexander when we were bored and to be honest it grew on me. Maybe it's the rustic look, I don't know something about it made me feel cozy and welcome which is why I felt the need to come here I guess.

I told Jason to go find a seat on the sofa while I go order. And so that's exactly what we did. There was a huge line. God it would take about 40 minutes to just order and then another 10 minutes to wait for the order. There was an old woman behind me with white short curly hair, a wrinkly face and glasses on. She held a small walking stick that had purple and red roses tangled all around it. It was a pretty walking stick. She looked like she couldn't stand, I felt bad, so I turned around and decided to offer help.

"Excuse me miss, do you want to stand I front of me? It will be a lot quicker for you." I said making hand gestures.

"Oh no it's alright dear, I can wait." She said adjusting her glasses.

"No I insist, please go in front of me." I said with pleading eyes.

"Oh alright. Thank you dear. May you find happiness." She said moving in front of me slowly.

"No problem, don't worry about it." I said in a happy voice.

I felt bad for her. She's an elderly woman and she clearly can't walk or stand properly, so why not help her out? I turned around trying to find Jason, he was sitting on the black leather sofa tapping away on his phone. He's so beautiful, he's the best son you could ask for. I'm glad I decided to keep him instead of giving him up for adoption or aborting him. Just the thought of that sent chills down my spine.

 I quickly turned around to find that we had moved a couple of steps forward. I walked forward and placed my order.

After waiting for about 2 minutes for my order I finally collected it and walked back to the sofa only to find that Jason wasn't there. I started panicking.

I turned my head from left to right quickly but carefully scanning the room for him.

He wasn't there.

I started walking up to the sofa looking under the table but he wasn't there. I slammed my order on the table and ran up the the counter and asked if they had seen a little boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes, but they said no.

"Jason!?" I screamed loudly. Everyone's heads turned to me.

No answer. No Jason. By now I was running around the whole cafe looking for him and screaming his name but there was no Jason. This cafe was like a maze and I was trapped trying to escape.

"JASON!?" I yelled once again but he was no where to be found.
My heart was pumping really hard and loud. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Everyone was looking at me but not one person offered to help. How selfish can they be? What is wrong with them?

I ran outside and screamed out his name but still no sign of him, only to find that more people were staring at me and whispering about me. I turned my head from right to left trying to search for him.

Then all of a sudden I heard a voice.

"Mummy!" Yelled Jason in a happy tone.

I turned my head around so quick that I nearly fainted. There he was licking an ice cream while running up to me. Where the hell did he get that ice cream from? How long was I in the line for him to run away? I ran up to him and hang him tightly. Water works started happening. I was crying like I was about to die.