Chapter 5

Amelia's P.O.V.
__________________

I was too shocked to even get a reaction out. I gulped. I shook his hand off of me and turned my attention back to the bartender. I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Leave." I said in a cold tone trying to sound strong. He knew it was meant for him.

"No." He said grabbing my wrist. I turned back to him quickly.

"Let me go." I said.

"Let the lady go." The bartender hissed clenching his jaw. But instead of letting go he tightened his grip.

"Ow, l-let me go, y-you're hurting me." I said with tears filled in my eyes. His grip tightened even more.

"LET ME GO ALEX!!" I yelled in pain. Tears were streaming down my face at this point.

"You think that hurts!? Try living with you for a start." He said staring at me.

He finally loosened his hand off my wrist. I got up quickly holding on to the wrist that he nearly broke. The bartender was frustrated as well, he stood up and clenched his jaw while frowning.

"Leave." Said the bartender.

Alex just laughed. Why the hell was he laughing? This is not funny. He hurt me and now he's laughing??

"Make me." He said in a cold tone, while twisting his sleeves up to his elbow.

This was not good. They were clearly going to get into a fight. I quickly ran in between them.

"Stop!" I said facing Alex pointing my finger at him, holding his left shoulder.

"Don't touch me you are disgusting." He yelled loudly while grabbing my arm and roughly throwing it away. I was shocked. I turned to the bartender slowly and weakly while facing the floor. I was ashamed of myself. Now he won't want to talk to me. Tears filled my eyes while looking at him.

He parted his lips like he was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Don't. You shouldn't be talking to me." I said practically crying. I looked at Alex that showed no sign of mercy. He was happy that I was in pain, once again. Some habits die hard. Much like the vicious cycles which become a drug. I snatched my purse off the bar bench and rushed for the exit.

I was so mad at him. Calling me disgusting. Who does he think he is? He doesn't even have proof and he's blaming and accusing me of cheating from four years ago. I. Am. Done.

I walked out of the door. It was night now, maybe around 7-8pm. It was really dark and cold. I regret not bringing a jacket with me. I walked out while wrapping my arms around myself trying to keep myself warm. It was really dark here. It wasn't a proper street. But it wasn't an ally way either. I guess you could call it the back of the bar?

I walked through the dark path. I suddenly stopped to catch my breath. Suddenly from the corner of my eye I saw someone leaning against the brick wall.
I quickly turned panicking. My god another man.

"What are you doing back here hot stuff?" He said. That made my stomach do a flip. Disgusting.
I couldn't quite see him properly from the darkness. He came out and stood only a couple of inches away from me. He was attractive but I wouldn't go for him. Just looking at him gave me the creeps. I took two steps back. Oh god. Please no.

"I asked you a question." He said demanding to know the answer.

"N-nothing, I was just leaving." I said shuttering. He took one step closer while I took another step backwards at the same time.