Ch. 2: The New Beginning

Everything was dark in front of, beside, and even under.

Complete darkness.

All of a sudden, a water drop sound could be heard.

?: He-e-ey! Wake up! How long can one person sleep?!

- ...Huh?

?: Oh, you're finally awake.

- ...Where am I? And Who are you?

?: You don't know, eh? Well, I can't blame you for that. You are in the afterlife.

-Are you implying..?

?: I am. Fully.

- Oh my god...

?: YES! At least someone know who I am!

- Wait, YOU'RE the God?

?: As you can see, yep!

- All that I can really see from here are the missing panties.

?: You pervert! How can one be so naughty to point out such a thing on a god?!

- Allow me to apologize, Goddess.

?: I shall forgive you.

- Thank you, sincerely.

?: Alright. I advise you stand up. My name is Aqua, and I'm a goddess of water.

- Aqua? Like water in Spanish?

- Yes, pretty much.

- Alright, I get it.

- You seem quite relaxed for a person that just lost their life.

- Well, if you ask me, there is no point in being all "NOOOO!! HOW COULD THIS BE?!" if you cant do jack shit about it, right?

Aqua: I suppose you are correct. Now then. I have watched through your life briefly and must say: You were quite brave to go into that alleyway without any hesitation just to save an individual. For your ultimate sacrifice, I suppose I can make an exception and allow you to pick 2 instead of 1.

- 2? 1? What are you on about?

- That will come later on. For now, acknowledge the fact that you have ceased to exist in the living world, and now your soul left your body.

- I've already come with terms of my condition as of now. Also, if it wouldn't be too hard, can you give me at least something to cover myself with?

- O-Oh! My apologies, Y/N-san.

- It is quite alright as long as you do it.

- Of course.

With a snap of a finger from Aqua, Y/N then got covered with clothes. It was a traditional male kimono outfit.

- *cough* Now then. You seem to have lived a nice life, completed with friends, games and drinks.

- Not exactly with friends, but the other 2 are correct, sure.

- Alright then, so. I have 3 choices for you, but I can predict exactly which you'll pick.

- Um, sure? Is it a game or some other activity?

- Not exactly. These are tho choices you have to progress your life. The first one is just to go to heaven, since you deserved it. Bu-u-t The setback being not able to have any material form, which means it's just basking in the sun for all eternity!

- It truly doesn't sound that nice...

- I thought as much, we only send old people there anyway. Now, moving on. The second one is to be reborn with all memories intact.