Ch.15: The Reunion

We go back to the first few moments of Y/N being back, and he already sees Kazuma and the others in danger. He tries to help them, but gets cut short by Root Vines coming from Bf/N.

- Who are you?!

Bf/N: I'll tell you when we get back. For now, let's target the fiend.

- Agh, sure! Freeze!

Y/N froze the binds, as well as the gryphon itself. He then dashed at him and unsheathed his sword, slashing repeatedly against the frozen gryphon.

- Your turn!

Bf/N: Got it.

Bf/N then covered his hand with wood, creating an improvised axe, and striking it against the gryphon's neck, under which it cracked open and the mighty creature's head fell on to the ground.

- Nice going!

Bf/N: Glad we got out of it.

- Indeed. What are y'all doing here anyway?

Kazuma: We just took on the quest cause we were on a tight budget.

- May I remind you... That's a goddamn GRYPHON! You don't just "DeCiDe" to kill him, it's him who decides your fate if encountered!

Kazuma: Well, we've hoped to destroy him with Megumin 's explosion, but that didn't work, as you can see. Where were you all this time, anyway?

- Good times, man. Was in some kind of japanese-styled country with samurais and so one. Got in a swordfighting tournament and won it.

Kazuma: Ooh, cool! What didja get?

- A one way ticket to... Well, here.

Kazuma: And that's it?

- Hey, don't go roasting me for coming back to you guys! Better tell me, who this person is and... why did you fight A GRYPHON, FOR FUCK'S SAKE?!

Kazuma: Hey, chill. Again, got no money, so were desperate, so you can understand I hope. As for this person, he rolled with us for a couple of quests. Seems he's a druid.

- Oh, a druid! Cool class. Uh... So you figured out what his name is?

Kazuma: He said it's Bf/N-novssky.

- Huh..? Bf/N... N-novssky?! Shit, I think I know who it is! The motherfucker!

Bf/N: Hey, hey, don't just go and curse at me, 'kay?

Bf/N pulled his hood down, revealing the face.

- You... You're actually... Shit... C'MERE, YOU FOOL!

Y/N went to give his best friend he thought he lost a big bro-hug, which Bf/N accepted. They stayed like this for a minute.

- ...YOU WERE HERE ALL THIS TIME?!

Bf/N: HEY, FUCKER, DON'T YOU YELL AT ME! I'M THE ONE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO DO THAT AFTER YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME WITH THAT FAKE DEATH THING!

- It wasn't fake, m'kay?

Bf/N: Then how did it come down to this?

- Remember Kyoshin and how he had a demon inside him?

Bf/N: Uh-huh.

- So, I asked Aqua here to bestow upon me the ability to manifest the soul of a weapon, basically giving me an option to become a master of a weapon I just picked up, as well as getting some immediate skills.

Bf/N: Sheesh, you went all-out, didn'tcha?

- Yeah, guess you could say I did. Anyway, now that we're together... Do you know what happened to Gf/N?