Ch.9: The raging storm (Pt.1)

Y/N, Yun-Yun and Megumin were walking to the gates, where a group of adventurers already stood. Something dark covered the sky, making it even more ominous and somewhat familiar to Y/N.

/Crap, it's like a boss battle is about to commence./

Y/N couldn't stop breathing heavily. He was actually scared, for once in his life. His new life.

- Girls, are you alright?

Megumin: Y-yes, I am... Kinda...

Megumin seemed to fidget quite a lot.

Yun-Yun: If you are here, then I'm fine too...

Yun-Yun held Y/N's hand and blushed a bit.

/It's so sweet I'm gonna throw up./

- Well then, be prepared, 'cause my gut is telling me it'll be a hell of a fight.

Aqua: A firefight?

- Aqua?!

Aqua: Yes, it is I, the water goddess!

Kazuma: Can you please stop? There are people around you.

Aqua: So what?! It's true, so nothing bad can happen, right?!

- Uhm, I'm gonna have to agree with Kazuma on this one.

Aqua: You too?!

Kazuma: At least someone here has common sense.

- And it's us.

Aqua: I hate you both!!!

- Easy there, a battle is to come.

Aqua: Ugh!

Aqua turned her head away, but soon turned it back, witnessing the culprit of the e.q. It was a man, with black paladin armour, on a horse, but... Neither of them had heads?! No, there was definitely a head... In his hand?

- What is this..?

?: Mere peasants! Which of you are Toneri and Orin?!

- Who are those people it is talking about?

?: Answer me!

- I think it's time to act. Fast.

Y/N Threw his hood onto his head and started walking toward the enemy.

?: Toneri?! Is it you, fucker?!

- Nope.

?: Then who are you?

- The name is Y/N L/N, but I'll be mostly grateful to know who you are.

?: Huh! Fine then, I will let you know. My name is Beldia! I am a dullahan, and a Demon King General!

- The... the Demon King General?

Beldia: Exactly!

Y/N stood in shock. He heard that some paladins from the capital killed a Demon King General several days ago, but Y/N is no paladin, nor he is high level.

/Crap. He is no joke. I have to think of something... Oh! I haven't check my card in so long, wonder if something interesting awaits me there?/

Beldia: So, human. Why did you stand up to me?

- Um, I don't really know or care who these guys you are looking for are, but I think they should be at the capital now... So... There's no actual need to attack us.

Beldia: Tch. I believe you are right. No one in this beginner town could've defeated him anyway.

- You mean Zarodish?