Ch. 16: A Strange Encounter.

Y/N shot his eyes open as he heard something about darkness. He saw that it was still night outside.

- ...Hm? What was that I just heard..? Huh... Must be me just hallucinating.

.
.
.

Yet still, I can't shake this strange feeling off... Like something is wrong.

Y/N put on his armor, unsheathed his katana and started walking around the mansion, his every step echoing through the corridor.

He quietly checked the rooms of his friends, and they were sleeping soundly. He then turned his attention to the bathroom, but everything was in place there. Then, he descended the stairs and momentarily saw something move in the corner of his eye.

- Who goes there?

...

It was quiet. Y/N then made his way to the living room and backed away immediately: there was someone/thing, sitting at one of the chairs.

- Who are you?

?: Kehehehe... I'm no one, and everyone. I am nothing and everything at the same time.

- What are you on about?! Why are you in our house?!

?: Because you are special, Y/N. You're the one who's gonna threaten me in the future. These untapped powers of yours are... Troublesome, to say the least.

- Huh..?

?: Oh, do not worry, time for us to meet properly will come. Now, there's a piece of advice I'm willing to give you: there might be something happening in a few weeks that you can't even begin to comprehend, so... Cling to your buddies, they are your gold. Now, I will be departing. Sweet dreams, Y/N...

- What?! Hey, come back... Here..?

Y/N's body felt heavy as he fell down.

-

-

-

Next thing you know, Y/N woke up in his bed, his armor and weapon sitting by his side.

- What the hell just happened..? Who was that guy? Hm... Akiho!

Y/N quickly concentrated and summoned Akiho.

Akiho: Good morning, young master. You called?

- Sure as hell did! Did you catch what was going on in my dream?

Akiho: Not that I can remember, no.

- Well that's not good, 'cause I met a strange person calling themselves "nothing and everything" and "no one and everyone".

Akiho: Hmm... Well, I never heard such obscure phrases in all my time, so I couldn't know a thing about it.

- Damn, unfortunate.

Akiho: Did they say anything else?

- Yes. They said that in a few weeks, a series of events will occur that I can't begin to comprehend.

Akiho: Hm... Well, I can't say anything about it because I don't know what could that mean.

- Sheesh... Well, guess we'll find out?

Akiho: Certainly. I advice notifying your party members about this encounter.

- Sure will after I check that forest out. For now, I'm going to sever the connection. Thanks, Akiho.