Ch.5: A Pair Of Crimson Eyes

Sunlight shined through the windows of Y/N's room, him twitching his eyes and turning away, desperately trying to sleep more. Unfortunately, he turned way too far, falling from his 1-person bed and hitting his head.

- Owww.... Ugh, the sunlight, man! I hate it! Uhhhh... Wonder if there's winter or autumn in this world... Or rather, are there seasons as such? I... really hope so...

As Y/N finished complaining, he tried to go back to sleep, but his struggle to do so was futile, sunlight once again shining right into his eyes.

- Crap! No sleep for me, I guess. Well, i think I had my share of it tonight, gotta wake up!

He rubbed his eyes, annoyed. Then he proceeded to have a shower, dress up and walk out of the inn.

- Well, I don't think there's anything I can do except going to the guild and taking another quest. Not gonna be so picky this time.

As he made his way down the streets of Axel, he saw the happy faces of the town folk, who was working on a construction site, building yet another building.

- Heh, I remember the time I worked as a loader on a company of my best friend, BF/N. Wasn't a good time at first, but I adapted. I wish I could see you again, BF/N... But alas, I only asked Aqua-sama to bring my girlfriend here, not him. Not cool, bit I can't do anything 'bout it.

In the end, Y/N finally got to the guild, entering it.

Waitress: Oh, hello, Y/N!

- Well, hello, um... uh...

Waitress: Don't bother guessing, my name is Mihara!

- Glad to finally know your name, Mihara!

Mihara: Well, "Sword of the red heart", what are you doing here?

- I'm here to take a que- Wait, what was that just now.

Mihara: Oh, the nickname? Pffft- It's because of your incident yesterday, don't mind it!

- Crap, I've got a nickname already...

Mihara: Don't worry! It's cool before someone asks about it!

- U-uh-huh. I guess so... Anyway, I'm here to do a quest!

Mihara: Well, you know where to go, "sword of the red heart".

- I heard that!!

Mihara: Pffft-

- Ugh!

Y/N turned away, going straight to the quest board and looking at it, noticing that all serious quests disappeared.

- Hey, Luna! The quests are normal again?

Luna was nearby and walked up to Y/N, looking up into his E/C eyes.

Luna: Yes! The paladins from the capital came here and blasted that monster away!

- They came at night or something?! It was just yesterday that he appeared!

Luna: In fact, those paladins were following him, coming to him at night and catching him off-guard.

- Quite powerful those guys are, huh? What was the name of the general anyway?

Luna: His name was Zarodish.

- Uhm, it's a lot like... like... I can't remember. Anyway, he's dead, so no need to worry!

Luna: So, back on topic. You wanted to accept a quest, right?

- Yes, exactly. I see this bandit gang destruction mission.