chapter 2: "you're bleeding, bennett"

art credit goes to @miz_003 on twitter!

that hot guy was staring at me almost the whole class..

bennett walked out of miss jean's class to his next one with mister diluc, his algebra teacher. diluc was also his uncle, coincidentally, his brother being bennett's papa, kaeya. diluc and kaeya were not related by blood, as kaeya, like bennett, was adopted. nonetheless, diluc was a part of bennett's precious family.

he walked into the room, tripping on his own feet. luckily, his teacher caught him and stood him back up.

"be careful, bennett," diluc spoke calmly in his deep voice.

"sorry, diluc! you know how i am!" bennett managed a nervous laugh, but stopped when he saw diluc's eyes narrow.

oh archons, what did i do now??

"bennett, how many times have i told you? you are to refer to me as mr. diluc at school."

"oops! my bad, dil- i mean mr. diluc." bennett awkwardly made his way to his seat next to his best friend, fischl.

fischl was a pretty girl, with sparkling green eyes and long golden hair. her face was small and pouty and cute. she was dark and gothic, almost always clad in black and dark purples. she spoke in an odd and sophisticated manner, even when she was younger. she and bennett were both outcasts in primary school, so they were naturally drawn to eachother. they quickly became best of friends, and have been for almost ten years.

"may this be a prosperous and merry morning for you, dear benny! i worry for your wellbeing, friend, and wonder if the darkness of the night took over yesternight." if there's anyone that can understand fischl's flowery language, it was bennett.

"good morning, fischl. i'm alright, i got enough sleep last night, too, thanks for asking. this morning hasn't been super awesome, i woke up late, so i ran here, and my food fell out of my bag." bennett sighed thinking of his morning.

"although," bennett continued, but not before checking their surroundings, as if making sure no one could eavesdrop, "i sat next to this really handsome dude who looked at me for almost the whole class."

"oh please, do tell," fischl gasped. she was one of the very few who knew benny's sexuality. in fact, she was the first person bennett came out to, even before his dads. he was pansexual, but he was still in the closet; only close friends knew.

"there's nothing more to tell, fisch," benny replied. "besides, i don't even know the guy's name. come on, let's quiet down before diluc calls us out." diluc was already shooting daggers at the two.

"so be it," fischl huffed. "but you shall tell me more later!"

————————————————————————

finally, it was lunchtime. to say bennett couldn't wait was an understatement. bennett could physically not go any longer without a proper meal.

the wolf boy from his first class was in two of his other classes, history and physics. it was a wonder how bennett hadn't noticed him earlier.

bennett thought of this as he got his lunch and walk into the yard looking for a quiet place to sit. he wasn't in the mood for fischl's overly long dialogues and bombarding questions, so he looked and found a lonely bench in the shade of a tree. distracted by his thoughts, bennett didn't see the very boy he was thinking about sitting there.

he walked over, clueless, only to get hit by a good sized rock.

"ow! where did that come from??"

at that moment, razor turned around, his eyes glued to the boy that was now bleeding.

he stared at him for a what felt like eternity.

razor set his lunch down, and walked over to where bennett was standing. his scarlet eyes meeting benny's green ones.

they were unreal.

"are you alright?" razor's voice was low and raspy, as if he had just woken up. he was quiet, too, looking at bennett with slight concern in his face.

bennett blushed a little, embarrassed that someone saw that and because the hot wolf guy was TALKING TO HIM!!

"uhm yeah! im fine, happens all the time," bennett smiled weakly at the other boy. his stare was a bit intense.

"your name?"

"bennett."

"you're bleeding, bennett."

bennett touched his forehead, feeling the blood and looking at it after, feeling razor's stare on him. "oops, haha! i guess i am, huh? i have bandages in my bag, so i can patch myself right up!"

bennett had gotten hurt so many times, that he could barely feel small injuries, like this one. he fished around his bag, and pulled out a small first aid kit. he reached for the bandage, but razor grabbed his wrist and led him to the bench.

"sit," razor ordered, and bennett complied. "i treat your wound." razor cleaned his hands and grabbed a small antiseptic wipe from the mini kit.

uuhhhh what??? what is happening?? bennett internally panicked and spoke up, "hey dude, im good, really. it's not too bad. i can handle this." he put his hands up in protest.

"no. i want to help. i will help." razor dabbed away at the cut, cleaning away any blood. he was incredibly gentle.

bennett looked up at the boy's hands as they cleaned his forehead. they were pale, like the rest of him, but had one or two scars. his fingers were long and nimble, and his touch was warm. his veins could be seen throughout his hands. in other words, this man's hands were hot.

he carefully plastered a bandage on bennett. it was red, with little thumbs up on it.

he nodded slightly, and grabbed his stuff to leave. he was about to walk away, but bennett grabbed his wrist. razor tensed, flinching slightly.

weird, bennett raised one eyebrow up in question, but he decided to not ask about it.

"uhm, wait! at least let me thank you. uh.. what's your name?" bennett hadn't asked him yet, and he was awfully curious.

"i am razor."

please comment and vote! tell me what you guys think.
-b