chapter 3: can i have your number?

i am razor. bennett kept repeating these words for the rest of the day.

razor. razor. ra-zor. he liked how his name just rolled off his tongue. he liked saying his name. it felt... right.

he had finished school and was heading out of his last class. this time, though, he didn't fail to notice razor in two of his remaining classes, including this last one.

"razor..." bennett whispered as he walked out the door. he smiled softly. but he quickly dropped his smile when he heard:

"yes?"

bennett whipped his head back, looking straight at razor's ruby colored eyes. they looked calm and inquisitive, in stark contrast to his own, which were now as wide as saucers. his mouth dropped open slightly and he made a sort of hissing sound, almost like a gasp.

SHITSHITHSITSHITHSITSHITSHITSHIT, bennett internally screamed, HE DEFINITELY HEARD ME OH GOD WHAT DO I DO FUCK OH NO WHYYYY!! OH GOD NO IM TAKING TOO LONG TO ANSWER. QUICK BENNY JUST SAY SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

"...w-what up, shawty..." bennett gave out a nervous smile and pointed finger guns at him.

WWHHYYYYYYYYYYYUHDH SOMEBODY PLEASE KILL ME TAKE ME OUT OF THIS SUFFERING THAT IS LIFEeEE! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK AM I DOING??? WHATS WRONG WITH ME IM GONNA SCARE HIM OFF AND HE'LL NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN FUYCKKKK!! bennett's thoughts were almost as fast as his pulse.

he awkwardly kept this weird pose for way too long. truth be told, he was waiting for razor to run off, and he wouldn't blame him. instead, the other boy just stood there in confusion, looking at his face back down to his hands. he was speechless, to say the least.

after what seemed like years of silence (it was really only a couple seconds) bennett finally spoke up again, "...uhmm-"

he was cut off by what he thought was the cutest sound he had ever heard. it was sweet, clear, almost melodic. but fun and wild at the same time. bennett honestly didn't know where it was coming from. he looked at razor and only then did it register.

it was razor's laugh.

bennett's smile slowly faded, and, once again, his eyes widened. this time, not because of embarrassment, but because of genuine surprise. he didn't expect razor to laugh, much less for his laugh to be so... lovely.

razor's eyes crinkled, and they were almost closed shut. his cheeks glowed with a pink blush due to his glee. his white teeth - his canines, to be exact - were slightly, but naturally, sharp, resembling the cute fangs of a wolf-pup. razor's laugh was softer than bennett expected, but it suited him. it was rough, raw, and genuine. it was low and sexy. it was all of the above.

it was music, but better.

unfortunately for bennett, the chuckle was short and ended quickly, lasting only about 5 seconds. razor composed himself and cleared his throat. he had the trace of a smile on his lips.

"uh- sorry. i wasn't trying to be mean. you just.. really cute and funny."

someone has killed me and sent me to celestia because there is a literal angel speaking to me omg omG OMG OMG OMG HE CALLED ME CUTE WAAAAHHHHHHHJD- bennett.exe has stopped working.

"n-no, you're fine! i'm just awkward ahaha...." bennett wasn't like other guys 💅💅💅🤪🤪
they shared another awkward, silent moment, both of the boys wanting to continue talking, but not knowing how.

until razor spoke up. "you better? you okay?"

"huh??? ohhh you mean my cut? yeah im fine, all thanks to you! plus, it happens all the time, no need to worry about it!"

"good."

again, the deafening silence returned. razor knew he had to get home, but he wanted to spend time with bennett. he wanted to make friends. he was done being lonely. so he took initiative. and so did bennett.

"let's be friends!"

"can i have your number??"

they said it at the same time, and they laughed again. i can't believe he wants to be friends with me too! bennett happily thought as he pulled out his phone and opened the contacts app. he handed it to razor, feeling a little more comfortable than before. "here, put in your contact."

razor typed in his info and handed the phone back to bennett. razor really had to get going now. he walked past bennett and down the hall, leaving bennett confused. he did, however, give bennett a smile and a wave before turning the corner.

bennett stood there, starstruck, like an idiot for a solid minute, trying to wrap his head around what just happened.

ksschhhhch, bennett thought, that's the sound of my heart being shot with an arrow. he gave me his number!! and he smiled at me and laughed and talked and dhjddnbdjs im down bADD OH FUCKKKK-

"i think im in love! oh jolly dear! has my luck finally turned around, for the better? oh, my starry skies~"

a high-pitched, pretentious voice interrupted bennett's thoughts. he turned around and stood face to face with fischl, who was smirking, eyebrows raised and head turned slightly upward. she had her hands at her hips, clearly enjoying the embarrassment bennett was feeling. bennett, on the other hand, stood horrified and extremely red. he was practically glowing.

"h-how- when did you- aAARGHDGSH!! HOW MANY MORE TIMES AM I GONNA GET SPOOKED TODAY?!??" he was not only blushing of embarrassment; he was red because of how pissed he was. "fischl! what the fuck?! when did you get here?? and whY DIDNT YOU SAY ANYTHING?!?"

"archons, calm yourself, bennett! i was in the classroom, behind you two the whole time. i wished not to interrupt your sudden encounter, hence me not appearing until now," fischl explained as she walked with bennett home. "i must say, that was painfully awkward! but you have a beloved now, don't you? i still can't believe i witnessed such a titular moment!"

"ughhh, fischl! i can't believe you saw it either! can my day get any worse??" just then, benny tripped on his shoe lace, landing on his ass. "bruhhh- i swear to barbatos im bouta bust in to tears."

fischl helped the unlucky lad up, "but look at the bright side, benny! you acquired his phone number, and it seems he is interested in you as well."

"hOLY SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THAT!! aAaAAaAaah i really got his number!! should i text him?? no, that'd be too soon. but what if he's expecting a call from me or something?? maybe i should call him, just so he can save my number... but what if he thinks im desperate and clingy?? okay, i think im gonna-"

fischl cut his rant short. "bestie. listen. just do what you think is right, okay? and if you need any help, you know that the prinzessin der verurteilung is always gonna have your back."

"aww, thanks fischl! you're really awesome."

"of course, i am," fischl walked toward a street corner that led to her home, and turned to look at bennett. "just don't forget about me, lover boy~"

"gARGFHGH- WHATEVER, AMY!!"

fischl just skipped away, all the while gleefully giggling at her best friend.

yo yOo! thank you for reading! please vote and comment if you enjoyed! new update soon!

p.s idk how to speak fishl language so she's probably just gonna speak normally but with a little more ✨elegance✨
-b