chapter 7: code red

(a/n: HELLO IM SO SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE I HAD TO TAKE SOME DAYS TO DO LATE WORK AND THEN PREPARE FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND FAMILY CAME OVER AND JUST- so much happened in December that i couldn't work on this story but im back! okay on to the story!!)

ac: @oligoboo on twitter!

bennett dropped his bag on his bedroom floor, and sat at his desk. he put in his earbuds and put his playlist on shuffle.

(a/n: what kind of music do you think bennett would listen to? i feel like he'd listen to songs from tiktok lmao)

he kicked off his shoes and jeans, and slipped into some far more comfortable sweats. stretching, he walked to his kitchen and explored his cabinets for food. he made a quick sandwich, grabbed a cup of iced tea, and headed back to his room. on the way to his room, he bumped into his papa.

"woah there benny!" kaeya put his hands on his son's shoulders. "watch where you're going. be careful, you don't want to slip."

bennett smiled up at his father. he was always so caring with bennett, even though he himself was a reckless man. "im fineeee papa! see! don't worry about me too much, alright?"

kaeya may wear an eyepatch, but he was no blind fellow. he saw something was going on with bennett. it was only for a few days, but lately, his son seemed to be more thoughtful and observant; distracted, in a way. he was a bit more clumsy than usual, and he paid little to no attention to his surroundings. it was a slight change but kaeya noticed nonetheless. there was something—or someone—on benny's mind.

"hey bennett? if you ever need to talk, or if you've ever got something on your mind, me and albedo are her for you. just remember that, okay?"

"yeah pops... i- of course!" bennett shifted his weight on his feet.

"i love ya kiddo!" kaeya's eye crinkled as he smiled warmly at his son.

"i love you too." bennett chuckled lightly as his dad ruffled his already messy hair. he smiled back at kaeya, then continued his way off to his room.

while writing down notes, bennett heard a wolf howling. he stopped chewing, and started choking. he coughed loudly and reached for his drink. he gulped it down in a haste and attempted to clear his throat. once he was done dying, he picked up his phone, already knowing who the message was from.

bennett had changed razor's text tone to a howling wolf, as well as his contact name to: 🐺🤍razor🤍🐺 . considering his reaction to getting a text from him, one could say he was down bad.

excited, he opened the message razor had sent him.

🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: hey bennett (*'꒳'*)

he's too cute-

bennett: what's up razor!!!

🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: nothing
🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: you want to meet at wind windrise park?

!!!! like-like a date?!?!? did he just ask me out??? its starting to get late... why does he want to see me?? oh my god what do i say?!?

bennett closed razor's messages and texted fischl.

bennett: EMERGENCY h
bennett: CODE RED CODE RED

pRinZeSsiN dEr vErURteiLuNg: wHAT WHAT??? IS SOMETHING WRONG??

it was at times like this that fischl dropped any fanciful, elaborate language.

bennett: NO LOOK

bennett sent a screenshot of razor's texts and sent it to her.

pRinZeSsiN dEr vErURteiLuNg: OH SHIIIIIT!

pRinZeSsiN dEr vErURteiLuNg: GET IT IG!

pRinZeSsiN dEr vErURteiLuNg: So? What did you say? Please tell me you said yes.

bennett: no not yet

pRinZeSsiN dEr vErURteiLuNg: THEN SAY YES YOU IDIOT. And wear that outfit I picked out for you.

bennett heard a howl, signaling that razor sent another message.

🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: im sorry. i shouldnt have asked you're probably busy. it's not important anyways so i'll just see you tmrw ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪

bennett: no no no no!
bennett: i'll go! what time??

🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: really? that makes razor happy (o^^o)!
🐺🤍razor🤍🐺: how about at 7?

bennett: yes yes i'll be there!
bennett: see you soon razor!! :D

bennett put down his phone. he had an hour and a half to get ready, so he got to work immediately.

he started with a quick shower. as soon as he dried off, he slipped on his boxers and headed to his closet. fischl said to wear what she got for him, so he obliged. he pulled on a white t-shirt, tucked into black jeans, and tightened a belt around his waist. he picked out the shirt his best friend gifted to him and put it on, leaving it unbuttoned. it was a light yellow, with little tiny white patterns all over it. upon closer look, it could be seen that the patterns weren't random, but were camping supplies. little tents, bikes, boots, sleeping bags, backpacks— everything you needed for a day outdoors. bennett put on clean socks, and stepped into his red converse. he dug around for his snapback—a pale and worn down beige one with a constellation on it—and placed it next to his phone.

he didn't want to catch a cold, so he dried his hair. it made it a bit poofy but bennett had a hat, so it was fine. bennett shook his head and brushed his fingers through his hair in an attempt to style it. it was slightly less messy now. he checked the time and saw that it was 6:23. well, i guess i'll go early, bennett thought. he grabbed his phone and his cap and left his room.

he alerted his dads that he was going to the park, and swiped his keys off the table.

stepping out of the house, he breathed in the fresh air and made his way to the park, off to meet his mysterious new friend.

HELLO HELLO!!! i hope you guys like this chapter, tho much didnt happen. ig its kinda like an intro for the next one. again, sorry for my absence! but as always, please vote and comment and give me suggestions! i'd love to hear your thoughts! oh and happy new year!!
-b