chapter 20: best brother ever

art credit: @sapzuuu on twt!

razor pov time!

TRIGGER WARNING:

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THEMES OF VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE, AS WELL AS MANIPULATION AND GUILT TRIPPING. PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION.

"thank you, mr. albedo. very good food."

"thank you, razor. please, come by any time you want. you are always welcome here. will you be fine walking home alone?" albedo asked, handing a washed plate to his husband, who was drying them and putting them away. it was endearing the way they worked together.

razor nodded. "yes. home not far. good night, mr. albedo, mr. kaeya."

"oh please, you can drop the formalities, kid." kaeya wiped his wet hands on a towel. "you can just call us by our names, no 'mister' needed."

he hesitated for a second before answering. "okay. then, goodnight, albedo, kaeya."

"get home safe, razor. bennett, walk him out." albedo instructed his child.

he complied without complaint, although, as they got to the door, bennett let out a snicker. "jeez, they're being way more caring with you than they are with me. i guess it means they like you."

razor smiled. "good." they were outside, bennett one step above him. an awkward silence settled on them, both boys looking around, avoiding each other's eyes.

bennett looked down suddenly. "oh! your hoodie! here, let me take it off."

"no. keep it," razor stopped him. "benny looks cute in it."

he noticed how bennett widened his eyes and how his cheeks reddened.

too cute, he thought.

"uh-uhm okay! thanks."

another silence.

razor had to muster up a bit of courage for his next move. he wanted to make sure of something.

he shifted his weight on his feet and wrung his hands, clearly nervous. but then he let go of his hands and placed one on bennett's shoulder, standing on his tip toes to reach. razor placed his lips on bennett's cheek, squeezing his eyes shut.

bennett froze. the boy was too stumned to speak.

razor gulped. "uhm... good-goodnight, bennett."

he scampared off, not daring to look back.

his gut was right. he liked bennett.

—————————————————————————

the first thing razor noticed as he entered his house was the smell of blood. his warm smile dropped immediately and he ran towards his little brother's door, fumbling with the knob.

"elliot! elliot? where are you?!" his tone was urgent, and, as worried as he was, he tried not to raise his voice, in fear that his mom would hear him. "elliot, answer me, where are you!?"

hiccups escaped the closet door as it opened a crack. "h-here..." the boy sniffled. razor rushed to his side and examined his face, almost crying because of the state his little brother was in.

an ugly bruise was painted on his temple, the eye next to it nearly closed shut because of the swelling. his lip was busted and dripping blood, swollen just like his eye. his small wrist was also bruised, in the clear shape of a hand.

the most concerning injury, though, was the gash on his leg. razor's vision turned red and his eyes pierced into elliot's.

"did kylee do this?" his voice was low.