51

My head's a mess and I just need some normality for a few days to get all of this in order. To let go of the angst and chaos and ugly memories which I know I'm capable of. I have witnessed some awful things in life, been at the receiving end and still lived to tell the tale. Guilt is something I'm good at letting go of and I'm sure in a few days I won't remember that bitch's name.

She fucked with the wrong couple.

I need to figure out what is happening with the club and where I'm meant to live now that we're married, and where we go from here. There is so much up in the air clogging up my brain and now we are back on home turf and I'm free to wander about in my life without severe security, I intend to sort it out once and for all.

It doesn't take long to get to the apartment. We are escorted by two men up to our floor who then vacate to the little security room with the regular staff here. Leaving us to our home with privacy as though they are not even here. It's all very swift and silent and Alexi barely acknowledges them, such is the normality of it for him. It will take some getting used to, and I was only just beginning to tolerate Jackson as my shadow. I hope to God that isn't the end of him being my sidekick as I will miss him like crazy.

Jackson knows me and my moods, he knows my schedule and my likes, so I will put my foot down and cling onto that little gem as my permanent bodyguard. Alexi will say yes because it's me and I'm learning that he rarely refuses me if I ask in the right way.

Boy is becoming someone I can wrap around my little finger.

Lync comes tearing at us as soon as we walk into the open living room, the gorgeous smell and sight of his home, air filled with something delicious from Mrs Capone, bubbling on the stove for our arrival. Alexi steps in front of me and commands him 'down' before he takes a flying leap at us in his excitement. He is a flurry of wagging, fluffy, ecstatic wriggling to get against us and a lot of tongue licking at any part of our anatomy he can get to. It's a happy homecoming that does its best to drag away the last dregs of the dark cloud hovering over me. All of this just fits and is the place I have been looking to belong to my whole life.

Ecstatic to be back here in surroundings that have quickly become necessary to me. An extension of him so no wonder it feels right. I wouldn't change anything about this apartment at all.

Alexi crouches down and gives him a proper rub and hug, rolling him onto his back for a tummy massage and I pad past them to wander over to the sitting area, discarding bag, jacket and shoes as I go. Relieved to be doing so. I give them their few minutes of male bonding time as I know Lync will come cosy up to me right after. I missed that furry beast in some weird way.

I get to the couch and flop down like an empty rubble sack and slide my legs along the seat before exhaling loudly. This feels like the one place in the world where nothing can touch us anymore, and if I'm being honest, I wouldn't mind if this is the permanent home. He hasn't mentioned if it will be, but I would assume so seeing as this is Alexi's choice of home. It's the best of all worlds, really. Has cosy touches similar to his bolthole but the modern sleek design of the club and his other apartment. It's spacious, with more room than we would ever need, with a garden on the roof and around the clock security. My idea of heaven.

I could stay here until the end of time and never feel caged in. It's perfection in a building and it's both sides of the man I love, colliding into one.

How could I not love it and all within?

"I'll be back in a second. I have something for you; I just need to check where it's been put." Alexi wanders past me, throwing me a charming smile and I sit up, blinking after him as he disappears towards the stairs near his office. Wondering when the hell he had something for me sent here and when he even arranged it or why. I should get used to his surprises, he's a man of sentiment and I guess he will fill my future with random gifts at odd moments when I least expect them.