Chapter 6: Alicante

Demons are flying everywhere. Attacking everything and everyone that gets in their way. Even the cannons are not much of a help. Shadowhunters are having difficulty fighting flying demons then saving the children and wounded personnel at the same time.

Everyone in Alicante was caught off guard, they're just celebrating a rune ceremony then the next thing they knew, the demon towers have lost its light and the wards that protecting Alicante vanished. That's when the demons started breaking in.

Clary and Jace went to search for Jonathan and try to stop him. Clary still believes she can convince her brother to stop what he's planning without knowing what Jonathan has turned into after severing the bond between them. While Alec and Isabelle went on their way to fight off demons and plan — along with Aline and Helen — on how to help other Shadowhunters. Then four of them split up to send assist and aid to those in need.

"We've got this." Alec said with his bow and arrows on his hand, Isabelle holding her electrum, watching and waiting for the demons that's advancing towards them.

"We've got this?"

"It's no problem. We're Lightwoods." the two aimed their weapons, waiting for the demons and expecting the worst to happen.

It doesn't matter if they've already killed hundreds of demons before or if they're trained to fight them all their life. The numbers can't ensure their safety. Shadowhunters might be created to defend the mundanes from these evil creatures but they aren't invincible.

As the demons got nearer, Izzy and Alec's heartbeat is getting faster and faster. Even though they've already killed these kinds of demons before, they're still not sure if they'll survive this night.

Then a sudden blast killed the all the demons that were approaching them. Izzy sighed in relief but Alec, he's too familiar with the magic that helped them. It's more powerful than the last time he saw it but he can't be mistaken.

"Sorry, I'm late. Traffic was hell."

Alec, then and there, wanted to hug Magnus so tight. But he wasn't even sure if Catarina already made Magnus drink the potion and if it's successful. Izzy, too, wanted to approach Magnus but she doesn't know how.

The three of them fought several demons left and right. No one's talking, heck if they still got the guts to chitchat. It took them a lot of obstacles before they even reached a safer place to have a talk.

"Magnus, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here." Alec was the first one to talk. He doesn't mean it the rude way, he just doesn't like the fact that Magnus is there, in Alicante. He shouldn't be anywhere near the city. This is a battle between the Nephilims and demons, and Magnus being in Alicante means his life, too, is in danger.

"I can't be anywhere else."

"Magnus —"

"It's okay, Alexander. I am here to help." Alexander. Despite the havoc, hearing Magnus calls him Alexander once again, with that very same tone the warlock usually use in speaking his name, made Alec feel the calmness in the midst of chaos.

"You. . . You remember?" it is no time to be emotional but tears are building up in Alec's eyes. Stupid as it may sound, especially for their current situation, but Alec's happy by just thinking Magnus already remembered him.