Chapter 9: The Downfall

"I don't really get it. You can just look for demon to love. You have a lot of choices. Why choose a Shadowhunter? They all look the same. They don't have tentacles, or wings." Magnus rolled his eyes with Elyaas's remarks. Elyaas is a cecaelia demon Magnus used to summon before for business purposes¹ and with the multiple summoning from the same warlock, Elyaas treats Magnus as his "friend" ².

"Elyaas, do you want to be banished permanently or do you want to keep your nonsense suggestions all to yourself?" Magnus doesn't know why Elyaas is in Edom when he should be out in the sea, wrecking some ships and/or the likes. But nonetheless, Magnus is thankful Elyaas visited him, at least he get to talk to someone other than his father who — as a matter of fact — haven't returned yet. Which makes Magnus all by himself in his father's house.

"Magnus!" Magnus turned around hearing that voice. It can't be Elyaas, since Magnus describes his voice as "an old man who's drowning in the seven seas", instead the voice he heard was the very same voice he hoped, he wished, and he prayed he would hear once again since he stepped a foot in Edom.

"Alexander." Magnus and Alec immediately ran towards each other. They hugged so tight that they both wish they could just stay right where they are, not minding the other person and demon in the room.
"I thought I'd never see you again."

"I told you, it's only Edom."

"Why are you here? How—how did you got to Edom?" Magnus can't help but to worry for Alec. Everyone knows that no Nephilim can step a foot in Edom or they'll be dead in a second.

"We won't let Asmodeus entrap you here forever. I won't let that happen." Alec cupped Magnus's face and look straight into his eyes. He doesn't plan to let this warlock with cat-like eyes be gone again from his sight.

"Uhm, not to spoil your romantic reunion but who is he?" Alec and Magnus turned their heads to Elyaas, one of his tentacles is pointing at someone by the door.

"Lorenzo?"

"I'm simply doing what any High Warlock would do." Magnus smiled at him as a sign of thanking the warlock then turn his attention back to Alec.

"And if we succeed, then what?"

"Then I stay here. With you." Alec seems like he's already decided on what he'll do after (and if) they beat Asmodeus.
"I'm never leaving you again."

"You know you can't do that, right?" Magnus once again rolled his eyes because of Elyaas's remarks. This demon doesn't seem to know when to shut up and when not to ruin the moment.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Elyaas, Magnus's friend." Elyaas waved one of his tentacles to Alec and tried to smile sweetly but ended up being creepy.

"I am not your friend."

"Oh. . . I may not be your friend but you are my friend. What about you? Do you want to be my friend?" Elyaas turned to Lorenzo but Lorenzo politely shook his head to decline Elyaas's offer.
"How rude."

"Magnus!" 

"Biscuit." another group found their way to where Magnus is. And it seems like Clary and Simon arrived in Edom together just like Alec and Lorenzo.

"Yay! Another visitor. Do you want to be my friend?" but instead of being bothered by the demon beside, Clary and Simon ignored Elyaas and focused on Magnus.

"Alec and Lorenzo's already here. What about Jace, Meliorn and Isabelle?" Simon asked which made Magnus and Alec frown. If Alec and Lorenzo arrived together, the same with Clary and Simon, then it is possible that Jace and Meliorn did, too, since they're bonded. But what about Isabelle?