Chapter 8: Alliance

"Alec, you know that if any of us went to Edom, we'd die instantly." Isabelle reminded Alec. After his talk with Catarina, he immediately talked to his friends and sister about his plan on how to save Magnus.

"Only someone with demon blood can survive there." Jace added. If Jace is the one Valentine experimented with demon blood, he'll volunteer to save Magnus just like how Magnus saved him, but he isn't.

"Magnus sacrificed everything to save us. I can't just let him die and be killed by his own father!" frustrations are taking over Alec. He feels like everyone around him is against his plan on saving Magnus, when in fact they're just making Alec realize the possible plot holes for his plan.

But then Alec's face suddenly lit up, an idea came to him, he then turned to Simon which surprised the vampire.

"What?"

"You. . . Right."

"I don't have my mark anymore, but I'm sure if you give me enough swords maybe I can —" Simon said, thinking what Alec meant is sending him to Edom to help Magnus.

"No. I need you to turn me into a vampire so I can go."

"What? Alec, are you out of your mind? Between the two of us I know you're wiser, when did you get so dumb??" Jace exclaimed.
"Absolutely not. That was your stupidest and worst idea I've ever heard, Alec."

"Then what else am I supposed to do?? Tell me, tell me something! Any of you?" Alec doesn't wish to burst out like that. But thinking that every second that's passing is getting wasted because of them rejecting every idea Alec suggests, they causes frustration to Alec.

Clary, who's been silent for a some time now, stepped in to prevent the two guys from fighting further more. With Alec's frustration and stress, he's prone in disagreeing with everyone.

"I have an idea. Hear me out." Clary started. Everyone's all ears to what Clary has to say.
"Before anything else, can we ask anyone to help us get in to Edom?"

"We step in to Edom, we'd die instantly.

"Just answer me."

"I could ask Catarina or maybe Lorenzo. Why?"

"What if I could create a rune that binds Downwolders to Shadowhunters? We could share skills, powers and immunities. Kind of like a temporary parabatai rune."

"Are you sure about this, Fray? That sounds dangerous." Simon stated which everyone agreed. Bonding two Shadowhunter is a different story with bonding a Shadowhunter to a Downworlder.

"We don't have any choice. We're running out of time." Alec's ready to take all the risk he'll face just to get to Magnus.
"What do we need, Clary?"

"A Downworlder partner for each of us. They'll be our ticket to Edom."

"I don't think it's safe to bind a Downworlder with me." they all turned to Isabelle who suddenly talked.

"What? Why? I was thinking -" Simon shut up when he realized that both of Isabelle's brother is there with them and Jace is glaring at him.

"I might end up sharing a lot of my Heavenly Fire with any Downworlder who'll bond with me. With that, I might get his or her life in danger
— I might get you in danger, Simon." Isabelle's right. With the Heavenly Fire in her system, it might instantly kill the demon blood of whoever Downworlder will bond with her.
"But my Heavenly Fire might protect me. I'll still go."

"Are you sure, Izzy?" Jace, the risk taker, couldn't bear to risk anyone's life other than him. So hearing Isabelle going to Edom, without any touch of demon blood in her veins, is too much risk to take.