Only at Christmas time

Anne wrapped some wrapping paper around a box, smiling like an idiot. This would be the first Christmas she'd ever spend in Amphibia, so she wanted to make it special, especially for Marcy.

Marcy had always loved Christmas, whether it was the snow or hot coco, she always found joy in Christmas. Anne finished wrapping the present, and placed it under her mattress. I can't have Marcy knowing the present yet Anne thought, still smiling about the gift.

Marcy put on her cape and trusty crossbow before going out towards Anne's house, she invited herself in, seeing Anne lazily laying on the couch.

"Hey Marbles" Anne greeted, excited for Marcy to be here. "Hey Anne! Are the Plantars doing alright?" Marcy asked, concerned for the frogs.

Anne nodded "Yup, they're preparing for the snowfall and winter. Hop Pop is doing a final harvest before it gets too cold"

Marcy jotted it down in her journal before sitting down next to Anne "Oh my frog I completely forgot to tell you!" She slapped a hand to her forehead, like it would shake a few brain cells into working again.

Anne tilted her head "What is it Marcy?" Marcy looked at her and smiled a big goofy grin "I got you a present! It's like the perfect thing, but I can't give it away or else it won't be a surprise!" She rubbed the back of her neck, Marcy always had a track record of accidentally spilling things or saying spoilers.

Anne laughed, blushing at Marcy's sentence "Well, I got a present for you as well!" Marcy's eye widened, she made an 'ooooo' sound before responding "What is it?! Ugh I can't live with the curiosity!"

She laughed even more "Mar-mar I can't tell you or else it's not a surprise, remember?" Anne gently reminded her, still blushing.

"Oh right- I forgot" Her face was now tinted red.

Sprig came through the door suddenly "ANNE! Its almost time!" He yelled, Polly came in after him "Yeah Anne! Don't let us get taken this year!"

Anne jumped off the couch "I almost forgot! Where's Hop Pop?" Sprig pointed outside "He should still be outside, at least I think, I haven't seen him."

She thanked Sprig before turning to face Marcy  "I think we might have to go find Hop Pop ourselves, you alright with that?"

Marcy nodded "I'm ready for anything Ana-banana!" Anne chuckled "Then let's go!" Both girls ran out the front door and to the farm where Hop Pop was no where to be found

"Ugh, where is he? It's too late to be out and about now!" Anne looked around frantically.

"Hey Anne, there's some tracks here! They look like Hop Pop's" Marcy called her over and both of them followed the tracks to the stand.

"Why would Hop Pop be here?" Anne tilted her head. Marcy shrugged "Maybe he just wanted to check up on the stand last second"

Just as she finished her sentence, snow fell everywhere, coating the girls in a thick layer of snow.

Anne shook it off, clutching her arms at the freezing temperature "Oh no, Hop Pop's still out there Marcy!"

She emerged from the snow, shaking some flakes from her hair "Anne the tracks are gone! We'll never be able to find him, not in this weather at least"

Anne shook her head "No, I'm not letting Hop Pop get taken away by that huge ferret, cmon let's go"

The two of them stayed close to each other for warmth as the snow seemed to only fall faster, every step seemed like a mile they had just ran.

"Marcy, do you spot a-anything?" Anne shivered, she felt like there was icicles growing under her chin and nose.

She shook her head "N-not yet, I'm sure we'll find something though" They trekked through the snow covered town for a few more minutes before finding Hop Pop at last, he was frozen in a block of ice just outside a store.

Of course! Anne thought. He was probably getting something for the stand or for himself. Marcy took off her cape and gave it to Anne before running over to Hop Pop.

She pushed and pulled the block of ice, it wasn't easy doing that in 10 degree weather.

Anne wrapped the cape around herself and began to help Marcy. Eventually they ended up back at the house where everybody was frozen in ice too. Apparently the house doesn't keep them from freezing I guess. Anne stumbled over to the couch, followed by Marcy.

She collapsed and snuggled into Marcy's cape, still feeling extremely cold. Marcy wrapped her arms around Anne's waist, also wanting any sort of warmth possible.

Anne could feel her face heat up, she relaxed into Marcy, still clutching the cape.

"Hey Marbles?" Anne whispered softly "huh..?" Marcy opened her eyes, before realizing what she was doing and immediately let go of Anne, blushing like mad.

Anne was also blushing, but tried not to think about it "So, about those presents-?" She asked awkwardly.

Marcy bounced up "I completely forgot! Here I'll go get mine!" She ran off to her fwagon quickly, despite being caught in the snow multiple times she grabbed the present and ran back, tumbling to the ground.

Anne was honestly glad they moved on from the whole couch thing and smiled when Marcy handed her the gift.

She squealed "Open it open it open it!" Anne laughed "Alright alright Mar-mar!" She tore the green wrapping paper to reveal a cape that was a nice light blue color.

She stared at in awe "You got me my own cape?!" Marcy nodded "Now we can cape buddies!" She took back her own cape from Anne and put it back on.

Anne put on her own, it was nice and soft, with its own hood, probably flammable too.

She loved it.

"Ooo wait, what present did you get for me?" Marcy asked, her eyes lighting up.

Anne chuckled "You'll see in a sec- I gotta go get it first!" She walked down the stairs, taking out the small box under her mattress.

I hope she likes it..

Anne came back up, seeing Marcy's eyes light up even more (if that was possible) at the sight of the gift.

She handed it to her "Open it!" She tore through it, seeing a box and opening it up to see a plushie, it had brown fluffy hair, and one yellow shoe missing.

Marcy hugged the plushie "I can't believe it you actually made a plushie version of yourself for me!" She hugged it tighter, blushing a bit.

Anne's head was filling up with air, seeing Marcy so, happy made her face go red, and before she could stop herself, she gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Marcy's eyes widened, her face completely dyed a dark crimson. Anne buried her face into her new cape, muttering apology after apology.

Marcy only laughed, earning a confused look from Anne. Marcy held her face with her hands, before leaning in and connecting both of their lips.

Anne didn't expect it to feel how it did, instead of fireworks like in the books she read, it was more like the warmth of a nice spring day, sunny and bright, just like the kiss.

Best Christmas ever Anne thought

Totally word count: 1231