Cold, cold, and Colder

A/N: *wipes dust off wattpad* heyyyyy- so it's been a bit, obviously.

Wanted to finally put something out because I've been facing MAJOR writers block and have just been facing a bunch of irl problems. Along with finals coming up, I've been busy.

Updates will be much slower as I try to fight writers block as best I can along with finals. This is a fairly long oneshot, so I hope you all enjoy!

⚠️Tw: self hatred, attempted su!c!de(?)⚠️
(Let me know if I missed anything!)

Marcy hated blizzards.

Everything was always cold when a blizzard hit. The snow constantly hitting your face as you pull your hood down even more, swearing that your feet probably have frostbite by now. Not to mention the god awful snow you had to trek through.

She hated it, but Marcy chose this.

Besides, it's what she deserves.

Right?

                               ——————

"Hey Anne!" Marcy cheerfully greeted. Anne waved with her one hand, reciprocating the cheery mood.

"Hi Marce," Anne walked up and wrapped her arm around her partner's waist, kissing her. "Whatcha up to?"

"I was thinking I could cook, but I wanted you to help me out. You know I'm a disastrous chef." Marcy joked. Anne laughed, nodding her head in agreement. "Sure Marcy!"

Anne gathered some cooking supplies; a knife, tomatoes, and a cutting board. Marcy was able to gather the rest of the supplies, setting it all down onto the kitchen countertop. The pair began to prepare the ingredients and cut up the tomatoes they were planning to use.

Marcy allowed her mind to wander as she rolled out the dough for the pasta. Her eye sight landed on Anne, staring off into space while also half paying attention to what Anne was doing. She saw as Anne struggled to keep a tomato in place while she cut it, a massive pang of guilt struck her in the chest.

"Oh! I forgot my prosthetic, hey Marcy I'm gonna-" She blinked in surprise when she saw Marcy holding her prosthetic, seemingly at the drop of a hat.

"I got it for you, and I can cut that tomato for you too!" Marcy smiled innocently. It didn't faze through Anne at all, she was Heart for a reason.

"Marcy," She fidgeted, the tone of voice sending shivers down her back.

"W-what?" Marcy tried keeping a calm demeanor, but a crack in her voice gave her away. Anne immediately went in to call her out. "Marcy, why did you get my prosthetic so quickly? You know I can cut the tomatoes myself." Anne added a softer tone to her statement, looking at Marcy with a worried yet stern look.

"Pfft- I know you can! I just.." Marcy's brain scrambled for a reason, an excuse, anything to get Anne of her tail. Anne patiently waited for an answer, stopping what she was doing ages ago. "I just really... wanted to get your prosthetic for you-?" Marcy said, a hint of questioning in her voice. It was clear as day that she was unconfident in her choice of words.

"Marcy, what's the real reason?" Anne stepped closer, hands on Marcy's shoulders, ready to pull her in for a hug if she needed it.

Instead, Marcy pulled a complete 180. She ripped her self free from Anne's touch, and backed away. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. "I don't get it Anne! Why, why do you love me, forgive me, comfort me?! All I've done is cause nothing but pain for you! Hell, I event took your arm! Why do you even still put up with me?" She shouted.