Prom night

This is a request made by @Kieran2022
(Changed up a bit, hope you don't mind Kieran!)

Marcy walked into the gym, it was all cleared out with tables that had plenty of food, and a disco ball with purplish pink lights.

The party had already started, people were talking, laughing and other general party stuff. (Somebody was apparently breakdancing in the middle)

Marcy simply waited for Anne to come, she noticed Sasha over by a table, taking some mini donuts for herself. She walked over, surprised at Sasha being at the prom.

"Hey Sasha-!" She tripped over a piece of fabric (that being her blueish-green dress), and fell, taking Sasha down with her, and sadly, the donuts too.

Marcy immediately got up, Sasha doing the same. "Oh my god- I am so sorry Sasha!" She frantically apologized, Sasha's dress was now dirty, all because of her.

Sasha laughed "It's no big deal Mar-mar, I can still rock this prom with a dirty dress, what difference does it make?"

Marcy laughed "Yeah, your right." Her eyes lingered toward the entrance where she saw Anne standing there. "Oh hey Anne!" she called .

—————— ✨ ✨ ——————

Anne walked down the hall, nervous yet excited. Her footsteps echoed through the hallway. She could start hearing the prom going on, making her more nervous.

Alright Anne, just be cool, it's no big deal- you're just asking Marcy out-

She walked into the gym, spotting Marcy, but not in the way she hoped.

Marcy was on top of Sasha, on the floor.

They were both getting up, Marcy was seemingly making a bunch of apologies while Sasha just laughed and probably said "Don't worry about it"

Anne could feel her heart crack. It seems like Marcy's got her sights on somebody else.. More thoughts swirled around her, before a familiar voice called her name.

She felt light hot anger, it didn't last long however before it turned into pure heartbreak. Anne, on the verge of tears, rushed down the hall, into the nearest bathroom.

—————— ✨ ✨ ——————

Marcy watched as Anne swiftly ran away, a confused, yet concerned look on her face. "Hey Sash, do y'know why Anne ran off?" She asked, worried.

Sasha only shrugged "I dunno, she's only ever ran away like that when she went through a break up." It clicked in her brain.

"Oh god- Marcy you better go after her" Sasha said.

Marcy nodded "On it!" She raced after Anne, seeing her enter the bathroom "Must be bad if she wanted to be alone instead of being with us.." she mumbled.

Marcy stepped inside, seeing Anne hunched over a sink. "Ana-banana? You alright?"

Anne looked over to see Marcy standing near the entrance, she just looked back at the sink "Go away Marcy.." she retorted, not really meaning it.

Marcy simply sighed and went over to where Anne was, rubbing her hand over her back "Y'know you can talk to me Anne, I'll always be here for you" she gave a warm smile.

Anne looked up "Hey Marcy, d-do you happen to, have a crush on anybody?" Marcy's heart gave a flutter, but she didn't dare utter a word that might hint to the fact that it was Anne.

"U-uh, maybe-" She replied nervously. Anne chuckled sadly "Mar-mar, I love you" the words seemed full of mindless hope and despair.

Marcy's eyes widened "You do..?" Anne nodded "yup.. but you like Sasha, honestly- I'm happy that you found somebody, but I wish it could be me.." Marcy tuned out the rest of Anne's ramble, her mind focused on one thing. She actually likes me back, holy smokes this is amazing!

Wait, does she think I like Sasha?

Marcy snapped herself free from her thoughts and placed her hand on Anne's cheek, interrupting her ramble.

"Heh, y'know, when I told you I had a crush, I didn't mean Sasha, I meant you" she smiled like an idiot.

Anne could feel a blush appearing on her face, she laughed and held Marcy's hand "I honestly thought you wouldn't like me back.."

Marcy shrugged "neither did I, but, I'm glad you do." Anne chuckled "you can stop being cheesy now Marbles"

Marcy laughed "But what if I like being cheesy hmm..?" Anne chuckled "oh shut it you-" and gave Marcy a small peck on the lips.

Anne watched as Marcy looked in disbelief at Anne, almost questioning her entire life at that moment.

A sudden ssssssss sound could be heard, the two both turned their heads to the entrance to see Sasha sipping a soda can, specifically coke.

"Are you two dating now or?" She questioned, almost amused.

Marcy froze up "W-well I.. uh-" Anne chuckled "yeah dude"

"WAIT WHAT?" Marcy yelled, both girls started laughing at Marcy's flustered behavior.

"Cmon Mar-mar, let's go enjoy the rest of the prom" she slid her hand into Marcy's and walked out, both were laughing and talking until the prom had ended.

Anne walked out to her car, she stopped and turned around "I guess I'll see you tomorrow Marbles" Marcy smiled "Heh, yeah."

Author note: hello everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving, sorry this came out late, it's been pretty busy lately so I haven't had time to write, but I promise to put out another one shot by at least Thursday! Goodbye! And I'll see you in the next oneshot :)

Total word count: 904