Lovesick fool

Marcy opened her eyes and saw Anne chasing her, laughing, she ran around the small froggy town of Wartwood with Anne. Both girls were having the time of their lives, just being together made both their days.

Anne eventually caught up to Marcy, tackling her to the ground while laughing "Got you dude!" She smiled.

Marcy smiled back and let out a few giggled as she continued to lay on the ground, Anne right next to her.

Everything was perfect,

right?

Anne let out a sigh "I'm really glad I found you Marcy, I..- I couldn't imagine life without you anymore now." A familiar red tint showed itself onto Marcy's face.

"Me too Anne, sometimes I wonder how.. I got so lucky" Marcy flashed Anne an almost embarrassed smile while Anne's face could be described as a tomato in that moment.

"Hey Marbles?" Anne started hesitantly, her expression turning a bit somber and nervous. Mainly nervous though.

Marcy's heart felt like it was beating out of her chest, was this it? Was Anne going to reciprocate her feelings? I think she does! Marcy felt the happiest she'd ever been, this was it!

"Would you wanna go out with me?" Marcy spat out suddenly. Covering her mouth, her shocked face wasn't as shocked as Anne, she was flabbergasted.

Oh frog- did she want to say it first? Did she mean something else? Marcy's thoughts were spinning around her, until-

Anne giggled, before face palming "I was so ready to say it first!" She smiled, a big grin across her face.

Both girls were extremely red at this point, the whole confession felt disorganized and messy, but it gave it a nice charm at the same time.

Marcy giggled "I'm sorry, you go say it!" She apologized while still trying to stifle her soft giggles.

Anne breathed in, a determined expression set on her face "Marcy, would you like to go out with me?" Marcy immediately answered "Of course!"

Anne grinned and took her hand "So where to now girlfriend?" Marcy gave Anne a flustered, light shove. "It's been three seconds Anne! Three!" They both burst into laughter, walking to the nearest ice cream shop.

Marcy and Anne ordered their ice cream, mint for marcy and chocolate for Anne. They mainly just talked about random topics, even after the two girls finished their ice cream.

It couldn't have been more perfect.

right?

She screamed out in pain as she struggling against the chair that held her down. The pain was unbearable, red hot metal was piercing her skin, like last time. Her mind was going crazy, one second all Marcy could think about was random numbers, the next, it was her freaking out.

Let it end! She struggled against the cuffs more, tearing up in pain. Please.. Marcy stop fighting against the cuffs, she was exhausted but she had to keep her eyes opened.

Marcy's eyelids felt as heavy as rocks, it was impossible. Don't fight it child, you'll be fine. A raspy, mechanical voice said eerily. Marcy gave in, giving up as her mind went blank..

Marcy opened her eyes, gasping before finally realizing where she was again.

Oh right.. the emptiness. She reminded herself, wishing she could just forever live in that fantasy she had made up in her head. It was better than just this white empty plain.

It was always quiet in the 'emptiness' that Marcy started calling it as. There seemed to be no floor under her feet, yet she stood there, completely fine and not falling through the floor.

The quietness lasted a while, until Marcy decided to ramble. She'd ramble on and on, anything to get rid of the silence and the growing worry that she might be stuck here forever.

Today, (or tonight, Marcy had lost track awhile ago) it was quiet, with nothing to really talk about, Marcy stayed in the mind-numbing silence.

She continued to sit there, legs close to her chest as she delved into the mosh pit that was her feelings. There was always one feeling she could never truly point out, it was familiar yet distant at the same time.

Marcy scrunched up her eyes and thought long and hard about what it could be. It felt like loneliness, but worst. Like longing for something you couldn't have.

It was a feeling that was always carried around where Marcy was, even if she was having the time of her life, there was still that one feeling..

She widened her eyes it always started when I didn't have Anne by my side..

Marcy began recalling all the times she felt that feeling. When Anne left, when Anne backed away from her, when Anne just wasn't around.

Finally, Marcy put the two pieces of the puzzle together, feeling kind of stupid and even worse when she realized what it was.

It's lovesick. Marcy's eyes began to well up with tears as she continued to think.

I'm a lovesick fool..

Total word count: 833