Deadly Arguments

⚠️Tw: Major character death, yelling, blood, stabbing⚠️

A small girl curled up in her bed, hugging her pillow as tightly as she could, searching for any sort of comfort in the action.

Tomorrow was the day they were going home, and to say Marcy was nervous was an understatement. She tried maintaining a calm demeanor while talking about going home, but on the inside she was freaking out. Really, she didn't want to go home. Home was here, in Amphibia. Not at her parents house, not at Saint James Middle School, but here.

Never before had she felt so happy, she was thriving. Newtopia actually valued her skills and intelligence, while back home she was just viewed as a nerd.

If only they could see me now. Marcy thought, burying her face into the pillow. She thought back to the proposition Andrias had made with her, remembering everything clearly.

——————

Marcy followed Andrias back up to the castle, the armored guards looking like statues until the clanging of their armor gave away the fact that they were indeed real. Marcy's boots clicked while walking on the marble floor, making her even more anxious. Andrias wasn't helping either, his utter silence filled the pool of dread in her stomach.

He's never this quiet.. Marcy thought, concerned and, she never thought she'd say this- afraid of him. Andrias was like a second father figure, he was always there for her, even while she was pouring her heart out to him during flipwart.

Seeing him so quiet made her feel like she was trouble. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. Andrias eventually made it to the desired room he wanted to talk to Marcy in.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the throne room. Instead , it was an old room that was all but dust and really old furniture. It was an Andrias-sized room, so he fit in with ease, sitting down at a dusty table.

"Come, Marcy." He placed his hand out, allowing her to step up and be placed on the massive table.

Marcy looked up at him, ready for his next words, still a little anxious.

"Now, I've heard about how you miss you're friends Marcy." She nodded, remembering when she spilled everything she had been holding onto for so long.

"I know just how much you love them all, I know how much you hate being alone, correct?" She nodded again, looking down at the ground now instead. "Well Marcy, what if I told you I could make sure your friends never leave?"

Marcy lifted her head up, eyes wide with curiosity and caution. "Y-you can do that?"

Andrias nodded "The box was the way my ancestors were able to travel to other worlds and explore them, and they are also your way to a lonely-less life."

Marcy then saw his hand reached out. "If you get the box to me, fully charged, then this could become a reality, Marcy."

"So, what do you say?" Marcy reached out with a trembling hand, shaking one of his fingers.

"I accept."

——————

"I did it for us.." Marcy looked back to the two, an almost crazed smile plastered on her face. This wasn't Marcy, and yet, it was.

It was the side nobody ever saw.

"The day we left, your birthday- they told me, my dad got a new job out of state!" Marcy desperately tried explaining herself, her hands making wide gestures, most likely from anxiety.