My Valentine

Marcy daydreamed in her mind, wandering around the school halls aimlessly. She looked at the ground, not paying any mind to anything else.

Her attention fully on the daydream, she nearly hit a wall before she heard someone call her name, "Marbles watch out!" Anne shouted.

Marcy lifted their head and saw an incoming wall, turning her feet in a different direction before any damage was done. "Heh- thanks Anne! Again.."

Anne hugged Marcy. "Mar you gotta be more careful! I don't want you getting hurt!" Anne fussed, cupping Marcy's cheeks.

Marcy immediately removed her face from Anne's hands, blushing madly and burying her face into her sweater. "I- uh, yeah! Same-"

She watched as Anne tilted her head out of confusion, before shrugging her shoulders and waving a quick goodbye. "Remember, Valentine's Day is coming up!"

Marcy waved, before finally registering what Anne said. "Oh- oh frog."

Valentines Day, absolute worst day for Marcy Wu.

Marcy was always alone on Valentine's Day. Frankly most people were, but they weren't made fun of. Everybody would always point and laugh at 'the lonely nerd'.

It's not to say she didn't try, she did. Marcy had asked out countless people to be her valentine, but they had all rejected her, calling her a nerd and many other things.

Anne and Sasha stood up for her, but they couldn't erase the fact that it happened. Rinse and repeat for around 5 years, and now Marcy is dreading the annual torture.

People already started pointing and snickering at her whenever they could, whispering to their friends. Marcy hated it.

As she tried not to pay any attention to the harsh comments, she went back to her daydream, closing her eyes.

Marcy cuddled up next to Anne, a weighted blanket on top of them. "You comfy?" Anne asked, placing a peck on Marcy's head.

Marcy nodded. "Heh, yeah. I just wanna be close to you." Anne awed, lifting Marcy's head to give her a kiss.

She kissed back, before the two separated and cuddled once again. "You wanna watch a movie?" Marcy nodded eagerly. "Encanto please!"

Anne laughed. "Encanto it is, haven't you seen it so many times though?" Marcy rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah but I wanna watch it again! It's so good!"

The two giggled as they turned on the tv-

"Watch where you're going lonely nerd!" A guy scolded, pushing past Marcy.

Marcy opened her eyes, surprised when she realized she was back to reality, and also how she came up with that day dream. "Sorry-" she responded half-heartedly.

People around her started almost chanting "Lonely nerd! Lonely nerd!" Making Marcy speed up her pace. After some difficulty, she finally made it to 5th period, math class.

One thing lifted up her mood however, Anne. Right there, sitting next to her desk. Beautiful, wonderful Anne.

"Hey Mar-mar! How'd you do in the hallways? You didn't get teased did you?" Anne worriedly asked, scanning Marcy for any injuries.

Marcy blushed, she didn't understand why she was all of a sudden getting butterflies when Anne fussed about her. It made her feel, warm.

"U-uh, nope! Perfectly fine in the hallways Ana-banana, just a-okay!" On the outside, Marcy seemed fine, maybe a wider smile then usual but fine nonetheless.