Breakfast Snuggles

Morning sun made its way through a window as it flooded the room with its yellowish light.
Anne and Marcy remained in bed, cuddling each other. However one of them was awake.

Anne was laid on the bed, Marcy peacefully sleeping on top of her, arms wrapped around her torso and face buried into her neck.

She had to chose her next steps carefully, or else Marcy would wake up and beg Anne to stay in bed, and if Anne was being honest it was really hard to say no to Marcy.

Cautiously, she slipped free from Marcy's grasp, stuffing a pillow to take her position instead. Anne kissed Marcy's forehead, lingering for a second before finally pulling away. She made her way down to the kitchen, extending both sets of fingers forward to crack them. Putting on an apron saying 'kiss the lesbian', she was now ready to prepare breakfast.

It was typical of Anne to make breakfast and or wake up first. It was a habit she picked up from Amphibia. Usually if she cooked breakfast she'd at least get to choose what she ate (not to insult Hop Pop, but his cooking was.. mediocre), waking up early was also mainly due to the fact that many crops had to be tended to in the fields, and by waking up early she could get her chores out of the way and enjoy the rest of the day.

Marcy was the complete opposite.

Due to her habits of staying up late or being awake for multiple days with no end in sight, she often passed out randomly or drank energy drinks to keep awake. Being privileged enough to land in Newtopia, she was able to sleep in at least an hour. Of course some days she needed to be awake early, but she often got an extra hour because she got everything done in one day.

Anne was more than happy to let her girlfriend sleep in everyday for a few extra minutes. If it meant she could admire her in her sleep and make breakfast, she'd wake up at six a.m everyday. But it also meant she had a limited time in making breakfast, because Marcy (even in her sleep) noticed the smallest differences.

And, as if on cue, Marcy's tired footsteps sounded down the stairs of their home. Anne smiled as her girlfriend begrudgingly walked down the flight of stairs, sitting down at the breakfast table.

"Somebody's tired," Anne chuckled to herself, flipping a pancake in the pan "Did you sleep good?"

"Mhmm.." Marcy responded "Until you left.. then I woke up."

Anne laughed, causing Marcy to pout. It was an adorable habit of hers since she was young, Anne always loved it when she pouted. Fighting the urge to squish her face, she flipped the final pancake and placed it on a plate with the previous ones she had already cooked.

Marcy smiled as Anne approached the table and leaned in for a kiss. Anne happily reciprocated, connecting both their lips together. It wasn't long until somebody broke. Marcy smiled against the kiss, eventually breaking out into a tired giggle, causing Anne to also giggle along with her.

She set the plate of pancakes down, syrup drizzled down the stack like a slow, sugary waterfall.

"So, what'd ya think we could do today?" Anne asked.

Marcy thought for a moment "Mmm.. can we just cuddle for the whole day?"

Anne looked at her phone, the time reading 9:24 A.M.

She sighed "I'll have to miss work today then," Marcy looked up with a guilty expression.

"Not that I wanted to go anyways." Anne reassured them.

Anne kissed Marcy's forehead "Just gotta call in sick real fast, okay?" Marcy nodded, grabbing a fork and knife to cut into her pancakes.

She tuned out Anne's voice talking to her boss on the phone while she ate, still extremely tired from waking up a little bit earlier than usual. Anne finally hug up the phone, walking over towards Marcy and picking them up, making sure they at least finished breakfast first.

"Cmon sleepy head," Anne softly spoke "let's get back to bed."

Carrying the both of them up the stairs, Anne placed another kiss on top of Marcy's forehead, causing her to giggle again.

Anne finally reached their bed, placing Marcy down first then laying down after them. Marcy wrapped her arms around Anne's torso, hugging her tightly and laying a leg over her to make sure she couldn't escape.

Anne buried her face into Marcy's hair, taking in her sweet scent. She brought up a hand to slowly massage Marcy's scalp, making Marcy even more tired than before.

Marcy snuggled closer (if it was even possible at this point), burying her own face into Anne's neck. Anne smiled, peacefully sighing with Marcy laid against her.

It was a perfect morning.

Total word count: 817

A/N: Hello everybody! A bit of a short oneshot since I ran out of ideas. I'm also trying out a new writing style! Please tell me what you thought about it :)
Sorry that this was posted late, still trying to get back into the swing of uploading every 4-5 days
Thanks for being patient once again! I'll see you all next time :)