Cat-ified

Marcy stirred the cauldron, the liquid inside was a light gray, nearly white.

It was preparation for the first temple, and although there was a low chance that they would even end up using these potions, it was worth a shot.

Mainly it was an excuse to just brew something, a thing Marcy loved doing, but often didn't have a reason to be able to do so.

"Okay, now I just gotta add this-" Marcy added a questionable plant, it glowed a wonderful sky blue. "Wait was that the right ingredient?"

The liquid turned a grayish blue. Marcy slapped a hand to her forehead, trying to remember the recipe for the potion. "Ugh, I'm just gonna assume this is right." Marcy finally said.

Stirring in a few more ingredients, she smiled watching steam (or was it smoke?) come from the cauldron.

Marcy grabbed a potion bottle and a ladle. "Alright- easy now.." she carefully poured the potion into the bottle, not wanting to spill anything.

"I wonder if I actually did this right.." Marcy wondered aloud, looking at the cauldron. I mean it wouldn't matter if I took just one sip right?

Bringing the ladle to her mouth, she took a small sip. Marcy blinked, nothing seemed to be happening.

"Well that was a waste of my time-" Marcy suddenly felt a splitting headache. Her body was sore all over. "Frog- What the heck is happening??"

Marcy checked the mirror, tufts of black fur sprouted from the top of her head. Oh-

Oh frog.

Marcy touched her head, but it felt like a stab wound even though there was no blood. "Ow! What the-" A tail could be seen, black with a white tip at the end.

Marcy looked back at the mirror, those tufts of fur on her head were now cat ears, also with white tips.

"Shoot- how do I reverse this??" She panicked, looking around Anne's room. She had decided to come with Anne to Wartwood since she didn't like the idea of being alone.

However, that meant all preparations had to be done in Anne's room. "Hey Marcy are you done with the potions-"

Anne's eyes widened. Marcy smiled sheepishly, waving like nothing was wrong. "Uh, hi..?"

"Marcy- what did you do?" Anne asked, barely holding in her laughter. Marcy blushed out of embarrassment. "Uh.. I tried making a potion but, it clearly failed."

Anne double-downed in laughter, tears threatening to fall due to how hard she was laughing. Marcy lashed her new tail. "It's not funny Anne! I could be stuck like this forever!"

Anne wiped a tear from her eye. "Is that really so bad? You always wanted to be part cat." She giggled. Marcy looked away. "T-that's not important-"

"Okay, okay- we'll go and find Maddie, see if she can fix this, situation." Anne chuckled. Marcy flattened her ears. "It better be quick, these things are itchy y'know."

Both walked around the town for a bit, finally finding Maddie near her house. "Hey Maddie!" Anne waved her over. Maddie hopped over, crossing her arms. "What went wrong?"

Marcy pointed to the cat ears and tail. "I uh, turned part cat." The frog let out a sigh. "Did you add a glowy blue plant?" She nodded. "Yup."

Maddie sighed again, this time out of relief. "Alright, it's not permanent, but it'll stay for about a day. I can't speed up the process, you'll have to wait it out."

Marcy groaned, tugging at her ears. "Frog, now we'll have to delay the temple for another day!" Anne placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, think of this as like a break of some sorts. Plus, I wanna test out all the stuff you can do with ears and a tail!"

Marcy smiled. "Sure Anne, I'm not sure if I can do too much different."

——————

Anne placed a box down. "Does that look any different to you?" Marcy tilted her head. "I mean, it looks a little cozy."

She snapped her fingers. "See! I told you it would alter more stuff." Marcy just laughed. "I'm sure it's not that much" She purred.

The room fell silent, Anne shrieked with joy. "You can PURR?" Marcy flushed, scratching the back of her neck. "I dunno! Maybe?"

"What else can you do?? Can you jump higher? Are you scared of cucumbers?" Marcy swatted Anne away. "I'm not some lab rat, I'm a lab cat Anne." Marcy laughed at her own joke.

Anne chuckled. "Alright, Alright, but can I at least pet your ears? They're so fluffy!" Marcy giggled. "Sure."

Anne reached her hand up to scratch behind Marcy's cat ear. Her eyes widened, pupils growing larger. "Oh my frog what did you do to me,"

She attached herself to Anne, seeking more scratches. "Can you do that again please?" She asked, looking up with huge eyes.

Anne reddened. "I- uh, sure-?" She continued petting Marcy's ears, ruffling her hair in the process. Marcy leaned into the touch, smiling.

Anne could feel her face get hot to the touch. I guess being part cat makes you touch starved-She thought.

She felt Marcy leaning against her, looking down she saw that she had fallen asleep. Marcy's tail swinging lightly from side to side.

Anne smiled, picking her up and going down to her room. She carefully placed Marcy down on the bed, taking a second to look at Marcy.

Marcy looked perfect. Sure her hair was a bit of a mess and she apparently now had whiskers (Anne forgot when they even showed up), but her peaceful face made her look so adorable.

Anne settled next to Marcy, turning her back against her only to feel Marcy wrap her arms around Anne's torso.

She turned again, this time facing Marcy, resting her head on top of hers. Anne could feel Marcy's tail unconsciously wrap around her leg, almost protectingly.

Anne kissed Marcy's forehead. "Goodnight Marbles.." she hesitated for a moment "Love you."

Total words: 997