To Save a Lover

A dark red cape swept the floor as it's owner paced around the marble floor, wires surrounded them as it made its merry way to the huge, coral throne.

Evidently, it could've chosen somebody a bit more.. Capable, perhaps. But Wit was undeniably important, and plus, having somebody so close to Heart would make everything much easier to handle.

Then, as if on cue, a Thai girl busted through the huge doors, her once brunette hair now a brilliant blue. Sticks and leaves grew from it, like it was apart of her.

Darcy grinned. "I see that you've finally come, Heart." Anne grimaced at the nickname.

"Don't get your hopes up, I'm not here to chat." Darcy sat down, seemingly unfazed.

"I'm surprised you got this far, Boonchuy. Wit must be overjoyed right now, or, was overjoyed."

Anne ran over, grabbing Darcy by the shoulders and shaking them furiously. "What did you do to her?!"

It held up a hand, prompting the Thai girl to stop. "I took care of her, Heart. I needed a body after all."

Anne growled, throwing a punch at Darcy. It easily deflected however, and kicked her in the stomach, causing Anne to fall down the throne and onto the ground.

"I suppose we're doing this then." It said, almost annoyed. Darcy pulled out a handle, swinging it down. It sprouted a flaming blade, the same one when..

Anne grunted, clutching her stomach. She stood up nonetheless, her fists having a blue glow around them, she picked up her trusty, beaten down sword.

Suddenly, she leapt for Darcy. It quickly reacted however, raising up its own sword. Sparks flew as the two swords connected, Darcy narrowed its ten eyes.

——————

Marcy curled up into a ball, hugging herself while crying. She felt weak, guilty, and most of all;

Hopeless.

Who would even bother to come save her after what she said? Who would want to even be near her?

Who would want to care about her?

Marcy just curled up more, falling sideways onto the cold, dark floor.

Well, well, well. Oh how the mighty have fallen Wit. Marcy shot up, standing and looking around wildly. "Can you just shut up?! I want to be alone! Please.."

It hummed. I'm afraid I can't do that, you gave up that right once you got, well.. 'killed'

Marcy brought a hand to her chest, the scar seared with pain. She flinched and let out a whimper of pain.

A screen flickered awake, showing Darcy's perspective. The edges were stained with orange. Marcy didn't bother watching, instead opting to sit back down and stare at the floor.

"Cmon Heart, surely you wouldn't hurt me! Your best friend!" It made Marcy sick hearing her own voice used for malicious intent.

Wait- Heart?

"I know you're not actually Marcy you prick!" A familiar voice filled her ears.

"Anne?!" She lifted her head to see Anne, blue hair swishing wildly around, eyes blazing with fury.

"Anne!" Marcy ran to the screen, her hands planted onto the projection, surprisingly not going through.

The Thai girl was thrown to the ground, barely having enough time to get up before Darcy launched its next attack.