Is it.. Terrifying?

One month had officially passed since 'Frog-vasion', one month since the portal had been destroyed.

Anne was surprised at how much had happened in such a short span of time. The city had begun to repair everything, and people were helping out one another with the repairs, and of course, some had started theorizing that perhaps it was all a hoax.

Her parents had gone back to their normal life, working at the restaurant and Anne had also started to lead a normal life. She was starting to catch up on what she missed in school while she was gone, and her, Sasha, and Marcy were meeting up at the airport today.

Ah, right.

Today.

If Anne was being honest, she had been dreading this day. Despite knowing that this would come eventually and that it was only a matter of time, she still wanted to somehow turn back time to relive this month.

Marcy was still moving, which was somewhat expected, but still devastating. Anne really didn't want Marcy to move. Frankly she thought that she had gone through enough change to last a few lifetimes. Nonetheless, this day was going to be the last day she and Sasha would spend in-person time with Marcy. And Anne wasn't ready to say goodbye yet

"Honey, are you almost ready?" Mrs. Boonchuy yelled from downstairs. Anne put on her signature yellow hoodie with her pink and white t-shirt and jeans. "Yup! Almost ready!"

Anne tried to put herself in a cherry mood, attempting to look on the bright side, like how she usually did. But there wasn't a bright side, at least not one she could find. This day was going to suck, plain and simple. This day was going to be hurtful, and painful. She didn't want to say goodbye yet, even if she would still be able to hear Marcy's voice and see her, it would be through a screen, it wouldn't be the same.

Taking a deep breath, she looked in the mirror, putting on a smile and heading towards her door. But before she could exit her room, she remembered something and went over to her desk.

Anne grabbed three bracelets, stuffing them into her back pocket.

She walked downstairs, seeing her mom and dad ready for her. "Ready?" Mr. Boonchuy said.

Anne nodded and smiled. "Ready as I'll ever be."

                             ——————

I am definitely not ready.. Anne nervously bounced her leg, seeing Sasha come out of her house and into the Boonchuy's car.

"Hey Sash," Anne smiled. Sasha smiled back, putting on her seatbelt. "Hey Boonchuy. You ready?"

Anne looked to her parents, seeing them in deep conversation and not paying attention to them.

She inhaled, looking down at the ground. "Really? I'm not."

Sasha nodded, gesturing for her to continue. "I just.. can't believe we're splitting up so soon. I hoped that maybe we'd get two months, but no, only one. We've been through so much together, and so much is happening that I don't want to face all this without Marcy, and vice versa."

Sasha placed a comforting hand on Anne's shoulder. "I, feel the same. It's going to be hard to say goodbye, even if we know it's not going to be forever. This is all still so confusing, but hey, as long as we have eachother, maybe, just maybe, this whole thing is gonna be a bit more easier." She smiled.

Anne's eyes widened. This was a completely different response then what she expected from Sasha. Yet another reminder that Sasha truly had worked hard to change for the better and to be better. Both her and Marcy had been working on themselves, and Anne had seen the improvement. Even if sometimes the two of them didn't believe that they had changed at all, Anne was there to reassure them that they've changed, and that she could see they were really trying.