Cuddlebug

⚠️Tw: sensory overload, almost panic attack(?)⚠️

Anne grumbled, letting her head fall on the hard wood desk. The lamp flickered it's yellowish white light.

She was trying to study for a quiz, but she just felt so tired, and pretty stressed. More than anything she wanted Marcy to be here, but it would've made it harder to concentrate.

Okay Anne- just, focus. She grabbed her pencil and started reading. Getting to a question she thought, and really thought, but Anne was stumped.

"Ugh, why is this so hard?!" Anne semi-yelled. She put her head in her hands, running fingers through her hair. She glanced at her phone longingly.

Anne shook her head. "No- no I don't need to call Marbles, I'm perfectly fine!" She directed her attention back to the textbook.

She kept glancing back to the phone, it was basically sparkling, begging her to pick it up and call her girlfriend.

If Anne was being honest, the thought of cuddling up with Marcy to distress sounded really good right about now. I won't give up, this is important-

She gave up. Well she didn't mean to, but she just couldn't pass up cuddles. Picking up her phone she sent Marcy a text before hearing a buzz immediately after.

Yeah sure I can come! Give me a few mins

Anne smiled, scrolling up to find all their texts. It felt like reading a book, seeing all the times they sent each other funny memes or when conversations were more serious.

She blinked. Was her phone always this bright? Anne checked the brightness, it was fairly down low, still enough to see but it wasn't too bright.

Anne heard her parents talking downstairs, it felt louder. The ceiling fan was also loud. She panicked, what was happening?

Her clothes suddenly felt uncomfortable, like they were trying to strangle the life out of her. It was like her senses were heightened 10x.

More then anything she wanted it to stop. Anne curled into herself, hugging her knees. Is this what it feels like to die?!  Anne thought, panicking even more.

She slapped her hands to her ears, which just added to the discomfort, but at least it shielded her from all the noise downstairs.

Anne shut her eyes, the sunlight from her window seemed blinding. Her chest tightened, breathing felt like a task.

——————

Marcy sauntered out of her house, walking to Anne's home. She didn't really know why Anne wanted her there, all she texted was Hey can you come over?

Then again, she never really needed a reason to go to Anne's house. Marcy sort of just went there whenever she wanted Anne's affection or to hang out.

Knocking on the door, she was welcomed by Anne's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy were always happy to have Marcy as a guest. She was almost like a regular at a cafe since she always came for the same thing: Anne.

Marcy walked up the steps, almost knocking before hearing sniffles from inside. She opened the door, seeing Anne curled up with her eyes shut and hands on her ears.

She walked over. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" She asked. Anne covered her ears more in response, if it was even possible.

Marcy stared for a second, trying to maybe guess what was wrong. She shut the blinds, seeing if that would maybe help.

Anne's eyes were still shut, but not tightly anymore. Marcy turned off the fan, her girlfriend's hands started to relax, almost sliding off her ears.

Marcy shut off Anne's phone and went downstairs to tell Anne's parents to keep the noise at a minimum, to which they did.

She went back to Anne, seeing she was relaxing more. "You want a hug?" Marcy asked softly. Anne nodded, accepting the embrace.

Marcy rubbed circles on her back, she could hear Anne's breathing slow down. "You doing alright now?"

Anne nodded, burying her face into Marcy's neck. "Thanks for that Mar-mar, you're a real lifesaver."

She laughed. "It's nothing, why'd you call me over here anyways?" Marcy separated from the hug, making Anne whine. "I was thinking we could cuddle since I couldn't focus on studying."

She pointed to her desk, the open textbook neglected. Marcy chuckled. "Sure, we can cuddle."

Anne smiled, giving Marcy a small peck before dragging her down to her bed. Marcy wrapped her arms around Anne's waist, pulling her closer.

Anne buried her face into her chest, hugging Marcy tightly. The two stayed like that for a bit, taking in the moment and just appreciating each other's warmth.

The sun slowly went down, turning the once blue sky into orange, yellow, red, and almost purple.

Marcy lifted her head to see the sunset out the window, getting an idea. "Hey Anne? Do you wanna go outside to see the sunset?"

Anne nodded. "That sounds amazing right now." Marcy giggled. "Then let's go!" Both got up, opening the window they stepped onto the roof, taking in the fresh air.

The sunset was beautiful, all these different colors mixing together one gorgeous sky. It was like a painting.

Marcy held Anne's hand, she held tighter, making Marcy sigh happily.

"It's so much more beautiful than I thought.." Marcy nodded. "Yeah, just like you." Anne blushed, giggling. "You're so cheesy!" Marcy joined in on the giggling. "Well it's true Anne-"

Anne kissed Marcy, making Marcy go silent. "Just shut up and enjoy the sunset Marbles."

Marcy's eyes widened and she sheepishly smiled, turning her head. The sun went down further, drowning the neighborhood in orange light.

She closed her eyes, it felt like a dream, everything felt so peaceful. Every now and then a car would drive by, adding to the ambiance.

Anne looked to her girlfriend, smiling. She was so lucky to have her. Both of them now had their eyes closed, making the moment last.

It was a memory that they would remember forever.

Total word count: 992