16

I gasp in surprise as a hand captures my wrist and pulls me around making my eyes meet with a set of dark ones.

"What do you mean they bet you ? They never laid their hands on you as far as I know of !" He shouts as I try to get out of his grip.

"Tell me Vaishali ! Did they do anything to you ? TELL ME I WANT TO KNOW !!" He shouts louder making me flinch as I freeze.

"Don't shout your mother's downstairs" I whisper.

"She just went out to Shanthi aunty's house" he says looking at my face as if waiting for an answer.

That's right , she did tell me she is gonna go to her sister's house and pay her a visit as she has broken her left arm. I insisted to accompany her but she refused telling that I should visit along with Venkatesh as we are now newly married and all.

"Now tell me Vaishali I want to know" he asks lowly.

"In your mind you have already set that your friends are good persons who abide to your words. And I know where I stand for you too , considering you bullied me to an extent that I became so insecure of myself. So there is no use in me telling this to you , it will definitely seem like a lie to you" I huff.

"Vaishali.....you need to know that the love I have for you is powerful than anything and I wouldn't hesitant to do anything for you. In this case , if the wrong is on my friends then I need to know about this , it is my right" he says making me roll my eyes.

"They beat me alright ? The right next day after you left for Manali , that evening , they cornered me and beat me to an extent my face started bleeding and abused me with their words. The driver didn't even mind. After that I never went to school or anywhere except temple. My brother who witnessed this made sure the driver lose his job and tried to get your 'dear friends' expelled but he only just managed to get them a month old suspension. Happy now !?!" I shout as a tear rolls down my cheek while I look at the floor.

I feel a hand come to my cheek and wipe my tear making me look up only to be met with a very angry , sorry and concerned face of Venkatesh.

"I am going to kill them ! F*ck I am so sorry Vaishali I never thought they would go to this extent ! It was just....me. It was because of seeing me they started bullying you along with me. It is because of me they have bet you too even when I told them to quit it the day before I went to Manali ! F*ck I am so sorry baby" he says his voice filled with anger , concern and apology.

"No Venkatesh. I cannot forgive you....ever. I am sorry but I should get going , Raja will be here soon as he only has half a day" I say in a dry voice as o turn and walk away from him.

When I went and came out from the kitchen Venkatesh was nowhere around the house. I was ready to serve him alas he went it seems.

Shrugging I got back into the kitchen and after an hour Raja came home. After serving him I pretty much went to sleep. But I was woken up by a tensed athai as she blabbered about not able to find or reach for Venkatesh anywhere.

I tried calling him but it said not reachable.

After an hour I get a call from him making me answer it in a go.

"Venkatesh ! Where are you ? We all are searching for you everywhere damnit !" I shout at him over the phone.

"Come to the adress I send" he says and the line goes dead.

I check whatsapp to see that he has sent me a location.

I hurry out of the house after informing athai and get a taxi.

I reach the place which looks like an old goodon and enter it being met with a bloody sight infront of me.

Four men tied up together against a pole with blood all over them , their faces slumped.

"This is for beating you and touching what's mine ! Vaishali I love you ! I will do anything for you ! Even if it means going against the people I trust the most !" His voice comes making me look at the side as he stands so close next to me.

I shiver in fear seeing the dangerous look in his eyes as he shows his phone at me.

A video plays of the four men apologizing yelping in pain and that is when I realise they are his friends who beat me that day.

"Let's go home" he says and grabs my hand leading me out of the place.

I fear runs through my body. Venkatesh , what has happened to you ? Why are you doing this ?

Does he really love me ? What is happening ? Why did he beat them like this ? Has he gone crazy ?

God , guide me through this !

_________________________________________

Sorry guys wasn't able to complete writing this chapter yesterday so only didn't publish it before itself 😅

By the way I have published a new book 'Yes Sir !' please give your support for that book too 🥺

VOTE.COMMENT.ENJOY.!!!!

Luv ya'll ❣️