Chapter 2 - Angel

- An angel in my eyes—

—————————

Sunoo sat at the corner as he sniffles. His mother scolded him and locked in in his room.

He clutched the bunny stuff toy in his arms trying to seek comfort.

But he winced as he accidentally brush the wound on his arm. It made him cry harder.

His parents didn't even bother to treat it for him.

When they saw Sunoo on the ground bleeding, the first thing his mother did was yank the poor boy on his feet and drag him upstairs.

After reaching his room with his mother, she started yelling and spanking him.

Sunoo has never beed hit by his parents so when his mother's palm hit his face, the boy cried hard.

Little Sunoo knew his parents wouldn't come back to console him anymore so he lifted himself up and go to his bathroom, finding the medicine kit and clumsily doing the bandage himself.

After that, Sunoo sat in his bed.

He wondered how those people got in their basement.

Thinking back, little Sunoo remembered how mesmerising they all looked. He really loves cute and pretty things. And the people on their basement are on another level of the word Beautiful.

His young mind couldn't come up of a better word to describe it so he just settled for the word 'super beautiful'

Little Sunoo wants to see them again. Maybe just once. They looked sad down there, it doesn't suit their pretty eyes. They should be smiling and not frowning or fear stricken. Their clothes also looked dirty, Sunoo even wanted to wipe the dirt in their faces upon seeing them because his mother taught him to always be neat.

Will it be convincing if he told his parents that he wanted to give them food so that Sunoo can go see them?

Or is he gonna sneak in instead? That's risky but it might be effective seeing that his parents disapprove anyone stepping in that place.

And so sneaking in, he did.

----------

The next morning, Sunoo did his 5 year old routine. Eating breakfast, reading picture books because he still couldn't read big sentences, learning how to count to 100, and then so on.

A few hours later, Sunoo watch his parents leave their house for whatever they need to do.

As if on cue, Sunoo jumped off the sofa and run to the kitchen. He grabbed a basket of fruits and boxes of juice. Putting them all in his mini bag as if he's going camping.

He then go straight to the basement where the laboratory is located

Fortunately, it is not locked again.