Chapter 20 - Missing

Third person PoV

Ni-ki and Jungwon stuck to Sunoo's side all night long that evening. Too afraid to let go thinking that Sunoo will really leave them this time.

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, guys." Sunoo tried to convince but the two just wouldn't let go.

"Let them be, they're anxious. I guess a moment alone with you would help them ease their minds." Heeseung stated.

"How about we get to bed now? It's pretty late." Jay said already on his feet towards Sunoo. After leaving a quick goodnight and forehead kiss to him, he ascended to his room.

Heeseung did the same and patted the head of the two overgrown koalas on Sunoo's side.

"how about you ditch that two and sleep in my room instead?" Sunghoon suggested but quickly laughed when he received two death glares coming his way.

"I'm just kidding. Kids nowadays are scary damn." then he proceeded to walk away while singing about how teenagers scares the living shit out of him.

"Quit the teasing." Jake laughed and followed  Sunghoon,  both bid their own goodbyes to the trio.

The three of them was surrounded with silence right after. No one was even making the effort to get up in the couch and walk to their room.

Sunoo let the comfortable silence lull him to relax. He suddenly felt too comfortable with the warmth on both his side.
"Should we just stay here?" Sunoo asked but receiving no answer in return.
"I know for a fact that both of you are wide awake. Don't let me talk to air you guys."

Niki grumbled and Jungwon heaved a sigh.

Taking that as their answer, Sunoo hummed in satisfaction. "I guess that would suffice."

The calmness of the night bought Sunoo a nostalgic feeling, suddenly there are rhythms in his mind and without thinking, he started humming into it. Singing the lyrics inside his head.

(Is it true is it true
You you
You're so beautiful, that I'm scared
Untrue untrue
You you you

Will you stay by my side
Will you promise me
If I let go of your hand, you'll fly away and break
I'm scared scared scared of that

Will you stop time
If this moment passes
As though it hadn't happened
I'm scared scared scared I'll lose you

Butterfly like a butterfly
Just like a butterfly bu butterfly
Butterfly like a butterfly
Just like a butterfly bu butterfly)

Sunoo didn't even know that how he knew the lyrics. It just flows naturally like a second nature. He knows it somehow but didn't know when or where.

Jungwon whimpered and buried himself deeper in his chest. Niki was clinging tightly on his side.
"I miss that so much" Jungwon said.

And Sunoo sat there in a trance. He nodded and hummed like he's agreeing but he's not entirely sure why.

"Yeah. I miss you too."

--------------------------------------

Breakfast was serve early in the morning by Jay and Heeseung. When everyone's awake, they a started digging in. The two youngest look a lot better than last night.

"So what do we do today?" Sunghoon asked.

"Go to school of course. Did you forget about today being Monday? We're all still students." Jay rolled his eyes and placed the pancake between the maknaes.