Chapter 8 - Dinner

- truths are meant to be revealed—

______________

Someone tried to court her adorable little grandchild, didn't they? There were six of them, not just one.

Every single one of them was scrutinized by the lady vampire. Nobody seemed to be able to evade her sight; it was as if they were in a glaring competition, and the first to back down would die.

And Heeseung, Jay, Jake Sunghoon, Jungwon, and Ni-ki aren't going to give in because that would imply they've given up on their angel. And it isn't going to happen.

Jisoo murmured, deadpan, "How brave."

The others swallowed their fears. Will she become enraged? Will she make it impossible for them to see Sunoo again?

Because if that's the case, they may have no choice but to take drastic measures. They hate being separated from their Angel.

Is this the scene in the movie where the evil mother offers a million dollars to keep us away from their child? They aren't acting in a drama since this is real life.

Heeseung stated, "No matter what you offer, we will not leave Sunoo."
They all nodded with fire in their eyes.

Jisoo bursted out laughing upon seeing their expression.

"What the heck are you thinking? Are you really serious about that?" Jisoo exclaimed, as the others looked puzzled.

"I've watch too much drama with that plot. Come on guys chill. I'm not gonna do that to you." Jisoo walked to her grandson's side and caress his sleeping face.

"Sunoo is a very important person to me. And I can see the same in your eyes whenever you look at him. I know you wouldn't hurt him." Jisoo smiled. "Just call it a mother's instinct"

They nodded and finally breath properly.

"He is a human right?" Jungwon asked.

"Yes he is. Even tho he's from my blood. The generation under me was cursed leaving all my family as humans until the very last bloodline."

"that's our fate." Jisoo looked at Sunoo and sighed.

"Maybe I should be thankful that Sunoo didn't have to live as a vampire. Because this life doesn't suit him at all. He deserves to be a normal person. Away from the horrors of this eternal life."

"Did he know that you're a vampire?" Niki asked, Jungwon elbowed him to the side for opening a topic that the woman is clearly avoiding.

"He didn't."

"You see, this hidden life of ours isn't safe at all. Rouge vampires kept appearing and tried to kill us before."

"Some vampires wouldn't just accept the lifestyle with humans. They see humans as foods, saying that they're superior to them and doesn't deserve to live alongside them."

"Thats where our job starts to interlude. We keep them in their place. Stopping a disturbance to the human society. Keeping our existence hidden."

Jisoo then looked at Heeseung and Jay, "Do you still remember that time you two was almost get caught by the police for hurting somebody?"

Heeseung looked guilty. That's the time where they are starving to death and the two of them tried hunting a human to feed them all. They have no other choice because some of them are already manifesting and it takes a lot of energy to complete the process.

Without consuming blood or even food, they could have died that time.

Jay knocked out a stranger that day so that they could bring it home. But midway, they both started regretting it.
Too late to back down tho because someone already saw them and called the police.
They were almost caught but thanks to someone, helping them get out of that situation, they are safe.