Chapter Two: Hale Frances is a Jerk

"One more word about demand and supply and I'm going to hurl" Annie said rubbing her temples as we walked out of the classroom, taking our things with us

"One more word about demand and supply and I'm going to hurl" Annie said rubbing her temples as we walked out of the classroom, taking our things with us. We were heading straight for the cafeteria.

After hours of hopping from class to class, it was finally time to have lunch, I could barely wait even though Susan, Annie and I had secretly shared Oreos at the back of the class during the lecture.

"I quite enjoy the subject" Susan said with a shrug.

"You slept through half of it" I pointed out.

"Hey I was just closing my eyes, I could hear everything clearly" She defended.

"How about we sit somewhere different for today? Looks like your boyfriend's table is full so..." Annie said with a shrug, taking a tray and getting in line.

"Aww, that's too bad!" Susan pouted before squinting at the popular tables and adjusting her glasses. "Who's the new guy? He's so fine."

"That's Hale's cousin, from New York" I said.

"I love his outfit." Susan sighed, dreamily.

"Black on black on black?" Annie asked, shooting a disgusted look over her shoulder.

"He looks so good, I could run my hands through that hair anytime, what's his name?" Susan continued anyways.

"Gosh Susan!" Annie groaned.

"Angelo" I said, "he's not really nice anyways"

"Just like every single person at that 'popular' table" Annie put in, making air quotes.

I took my tray that was full of food by now and left the line. "Hale is nice."

Annie only laughed, throwing her head back.

"Violet!" Hale's loud voice called from where he was seated and I turned to look. He waved us over to the table and we, including a reluctant Annie, went over.

"Get lost Lloyd, my girl needs to sit" Hale shooed one of the football guys away so I could sit next to him, rather, between him and Angelo.

"Hi Vi!" One of the several girls called, waving from the other side of the table. She looked so chic and glamorous.

"It's Violet" I said quietly so she couldn't hear but I waved back.