Chapter Thirty-seven: Cake in the Closet.

It was only the second period of the day and I already wanted to find the nearest bed for a long nap. While waiting for the teacher to arrive, I rest my chin on my hand, dozing off.

The class was rowdy and people were still overexcited about the Angelo thing, but it was just white noise.

All of a sudden, I felt something hot touch my upper arm and I was jolted awake. “Bloody- ouch!”

“Right?!” Susan said, as she and Annie took seats on either sides of me. “My phone is running a fever right now.”

“That’s your phone?” I asked tiredly, rubbing my arm.

“Your boyfriend’s breaking the internet.” Annie said, bringing out her books, she didn’t look too happy about that.
She offered me a can of soda which I gladly took.

“Breaking the internet and everyone’s phones!” Susan giggled excitedly.
Tossing a green braid over her shoulder, she continued to explain. “I almost lost my ship account just because I suddenly gained about three hundred followers in just a few hours! Not to talk of all the attention that video of your dad is…”

Grape soda nearly came out of my nose, “You posted my DAD?!”

“Hear me out, hear me out.” Susan raised both pointer fingers. “I posted US like all of us at the restaurant yesterday and while a big set of people were mostly focused on Angel-boy, the other part were comments about how fine your dad is!”

I turned to look at Annie, sure that the expression on my face was one of horror. “What is going on?!"

“You should be happy, you’re gonna have a lot of customers today, girl.” Annie replied, in a bored manner.

“Yeah, but at the cost of a lot of girls thirsting over my dad?!” I hissed and abruptly faced the front of the classroom when a group of girls huddled over their phones burst into loud giggles.

“OMG I’ve been here once, it’s called Jimmy’s at Pitchfork Road and.... I think that’s Jimmy” One of them not-so-whispered.

“What do you say we go over there after school…?” The one speaking was interrupted by her friend jabbing her with an elbow while looking at me.

“Oh…crap.” I muttered, glancing down.

“Hey Violet!” One of them greeted cheerfully.

“Yeah, hi Vi!” Said another.

My name wasn’t Vi, but anyways.

“I got this,” Susan winked at me before waving back at the girls. “Hey guys, how’s it going? I see you like my latest video.”

They looked at each other for a moment before one snapped her fingers in realization.
“Oh yeah! Half the time I forget you’re the one behind the whole page, Susan!”

Annie snorted.

“Nice pj’s by the way.”

“Pure silk, thank you very much and yup, that’s me, the mastermind.” Susan said, coolly. “We’ll be glad to have you guys come over, if you tell your friends, that would be great too, and I might even put a word in with the chef, ‘cause we’re like this.” She crossed her index and middle fingers.

“Wow!” The girls chorused, eyes practically shining.

“Susan!” I whispered, pinching her arm.

“Ow! I’m just getting Jimmy extra customers!” She chuckled and leaned over to whisper “He’s sooooo going to love me.”

That was besides the point. The problem here was that one of these thirsty, pesky, potential dad-nappers was Hattie Jensen and she was always looking for a way to blend in with Cassandra’s group who didn’t deem her ‘cool’ enough, what if she went on to invite Cassandra?