Chapter Forty: "It's A Duck".

Heads up: This chapter will have music lyrics. They're from popular songs but I'll still put the name of the songs at the bottom of the chapter. Some people don't like that stuff, but not to worry, I would make it tolerable.

Furthermore, this chapter would be long. Happy reading!

"I finally met your mother, she seems nice." Angelo told me as we drove down the road, on the way to who-knows-where tonight.

Furrowing my brows I turned to look at him, "She does?"

"That's not entirely true, I thought she was after my life, she's terrifying." Angelo seemed to shudder and I laughed.

"What did she say?" I asked and he shrugged.

"She asked basic questions, my family name, if I knew my IQ, if I had any criminal history..."

"Um...those aren't..."

"But it was more about how she said it." He continued. "I thought I'd mastered the art of intimidation but I have been humbled... Please tell me I'll see her again?"

I shook my head in wonder. He liked her? "I don't know. We haven't talked about that yet, but she's left that 'boyfriend' of hers, I- I think she and Dad might make up, there might be signs of them getting back together."

Angelo glanced at me before fixing his eyes on the road. "I'm happy for you, Letty. That's good, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is. Today's been a wild ride but it's good to end it on a good note." With him. I smiled and just looked at him, simply taking a moment to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"You're staring," He said, turning his head for a moment and my smile grew.

"Yes! You're so pretty!" I exclaimed and his hand came up to run through his hair as he blew out a breath, I could swear he was flustered.

"Letty..."

"Are you using eyeliner?" I asked squinting at him and the corner of his lips twitched upward for a second. "You are!"
The only time I remembered he'd had it on was when I first saw him.

How did he even know how to put it on? A thought occured to me and I gasped suddenly, "Were you emo once, Angie?!"

"Your mind is really all over the place tonight," Angelo stated, slowing the car down when we got to a red light, before leaning an elbow on the door to watch me in interest.

"But were you emo once though?" I asked, leaning towards him inquisitively.

"Gothic, actually."

I threw my head back with a victorious laugh. "Even better!"

"Christ..." He groaned, covering his face with a hand which made me giggle more.

"Oh my gosh, how old were you? Did you take pictures?" I asked, grabbing his hand, "Did you turn your hair black?"

"For a few years. I doubt there are any pictures." He said and looked up when the light turned green, putting the car into drive.

"So that means there's a possibility that there's a picture of a smaller you in black eyeshadow, black bangs and black lipstick laying around somewhere." I said.

"I didn't wear black lipstick." Angelo stated and I raised a brow. "Often," he added, quietly.

"I bet you painted your nails too..."

"Here's a completely different topic: I got you a present."

I sat up, "Really? Where is it?" I asked but already started to look around for anything new.