Chapter Sixteen: Cake

Violet's POV

"Sorry guys, but since this was an impromptu thing, I had to bring my sister along" Annie apologized as she stood in the doorway of my living room.

"I go everywhere with my sister," Hunter said "you're right, I should be apologizing for that."

"I'll make you apologize" Susan grumbled, "With my fists!"

"Ah! Help me!" Hunter yelped as Susan launched an attack on him

"Well, where's Abbie?" I asked waiting expectantly for her to come out from hiding behind Annie.

"Why are they fighting?" Abbie asked, leaning to the side to watch Susan and Hunter.

"It's what twins do" I shrugged. "How's it going, Abigail?"

"Uh, ain't nobody calling me Abigail no more." She said, her lips turning down in distaste.

"That's new, why?" I asked.

"Because she's nine" Annie rolled her eyes.

"Because I'm nine" Abbie echoed before looking around the house with a secret smile "Is your Dadddy home?"

"No, I checked" Susan sighed. "He's still at work"

Abbie's face fell and I think my eye twitched. "Here's the remote, Abbie. Watch stuff"

She looked up at me with big eyes. "I get to control the TV? You's for real?"

I glanced at Annie who face palmed. "Yeah, I guess."

"That's dope" Abbie giggled and went to lounge on the recliner.

"When did she get a vocabulary makeover?" I murmured to Annie who shrugged.

"Beats me."

"I can't believe you invited Jason McGuire and he said yes. It's a sleepover" Susan told me and I gave Annie a nervous look.

"I wanted there to be more guys so Hunter won't feel left out." I explained.

Annie groaned, "If I throw up from Nervous Stomach Syndrome it's your fault" And when the doorbell rang, she nearly jumped out of her dungarees.

I was suffering from Nervous Stomach Syndrome too and it really was my fault! Once I got to the door, I opened it with a smile which changed into a look of surprise.

"I bumped into him on the way" Angelo said, completely calm like Jason didn't have him in a headlock right now.

"Hello, Violet." Jason grinned and ruffled Angelo's already unruly hair. "Is Annie here?"

"Oh my God, Jason, yes she is, don't kill him!" I gasped and shoved him away to let Angelo go.

"Fine, alright woman! Jeez" Jason laughed, releasing Angelo's poor head and hurrying inside.