Chapter Thirty-six: What The...?

Angelo's POV.

With how cold it was this morning, I was slightly surprised my breath didn't come out as steam whenever I sighed.

Another surprising thing was how I managed to get myself out of the hotel an hour before school was meant to start.

My subconscious was barely awake at this time, but here I was, buying a large coffee at Starbucks and telling them to make it just as Violet liked it.

Desperate. My subconscious murmured, rousing from the short nap he took after keeping me up all night with intrusive thoughts.

Was I desperate? For her attention, and her time, and her touch, and that smile that I seemed to be able to make appear on her face?

Yes, I was.

Which is why I found myself going to the school an hour early, just because she was always early too.

All this for someone who may not love you back, my subconscious reminded me, he had all of my fears and held on fast, making sure I would never forget them.

Anyways, all I was getting was coffee, not a grand gesture proclaiming my undying love so I didn't really have much to lose...

"Hmm." I murmured as I pulled out my phone to search for different grand gestures to proclaim undying love to a woman.

A few minutes later, I had arrived at the school... except with a half gone cup of coffee.
Why couldn't I get even this one thing right? Would it make sense to give her this now?

The school was practically deserted as I pulled up in the empty parking lot.
I had to head straight to the principal's office to discuss my several absences and how to make up for them.

Unfortunately for me, this man took his time arranging his sentences in his head before speaking slowly. So there I was for quite a while, wondering if Violet was around yet which meant I occasionally zoned out which then led to the principal repeating himself... slowly.

Even when I was done, he saw me off to the door and then made me stay there, too enthusiastic for my brain to handle this morning.
Every other moment, I had to remind myself that I couldn't walk out on this... jolly, butt kissing, middle aged man who was also my principal.

"Ah, there's Miss Adams, she's punctual as always." The man said and I immediately turned to look.

Letty? My subconscious was wide awake now.

"Anyway, as I was saying..."

She was only just approaching the main doors which I could see clearly from here, her hair was tied up and she had on her favorite purple sneakers along with a big overcoat, all serious as she tried to push the doors open with her shoulder since her hands were busy carrying random stuff.

Only a moment later, that brown haired boy hurried to help her, and I raised an eyebrow at the ridiculous smile he sent her way. The only thing I could remember about him for now was that he shared a chemistry class with Violet and that he was probably head over heels in love with her.

I dug my free hand in my pocket and looked at the Principal who was still talking about something I didn't care about.
Did Dad ever say be respectful to all elders or was it just a false memory? The principal wasn't technically an elder though...

"Whoa, I'm gonna need you to tone all that energy down, Connor...." I heard Violet say with a slight chuckle and I turned to look again.

Her voice... Why did she sound so tired?

"Sorry. What's up today? You're usually a morning person..." The brown haired boy said, nudging her slightly so that she winced a bit. "Not that I...watch you a lot or anything like that..." He added with a nervous laugh.