Chapter Fifty-two: Right On The Front Cover.

After all the events that went down after Angelo and I eventually turned up at school, if anyone pointed fingers at me saying it was all my fault, I wouldn't fight them.

Apparently, my big speech to Cassandra about changing her game was so inspirational that she went on to become an actual entrepreneur in only a few days.

She was running a fashion magazine business, the first edition displaying the photographs we took in my room that day with Emily Turner and Tina Duke.

"She's a genius." I said, noticing the sheer amount of students that had a copy with them as we walked through the hallway. "She can do that?" I asked Angelo.

"Not quite." He replied, nodding to a group of guys who waved at us as we passed. "It's against the school regulations I'm sure, so she's most likely running it underground."

"An underground fashion magazine business?" I asked, stopping once we got to my locker. "Hmm, I should be a life coach."

"What does that mean?" Angelo asked, leaning on the locker next to mine, as he looked down at me with interest. "And why do you look so impressed? Thought both your cliques were mortal enemies."

I bit my lip a little before moving closer to share this huge, mind blowing secret I discovered all on my own.
"Cassandra Manuel has a heart."

"No!" Angelo whispered.

"I'm serious, we got talking somehow and she's literally been going through this crisis at home. Mr. Manuel cut her off and that's why she was so distraught that time, you know?" I said, hiding behind a textbook in case of lip readers.
"She also started to hang around my Dad more and honestly it was killing me, so I kind of talked to her and... and..."

"And what?" Angelo asked.
He touched my ear absently when I sighed and lowered the book.

"And...she's just a lost girl, like me. She and her quote unquote 'friends'. They're all a little lost. Tina's in love with you by the way."

"I get why you're glad to see her do all this then." Angelo said, glancing around. "I'm proud of you, you put your differences aside and actually listened to her? Pushed her in the right direction? You're a beautiful person, Violet."

I could have just melted, right there, all over the floor with the way he said that. "Thanks..." I smiled gratefully, reaching up to touch his hand, but then a dark cloud came over my thoughts. "Let's hope Annie and Susan think that too after they find out the pictures on the magazine were taken at my place."

"Are they still not talking to you?" Angelo asked me and then he glanced at his watch just as the next bell rang, causing the students around us to hurry to their next classes.

"No, radio silence." I waved my phone sadly. "See you later..."

"We have biology together, darling." Angelo reminded me humorously as he shut my locker for me.

"Oh, yay!" I squealed, grabbing onto his arm as we walked to our next class while I went on talking about the whole photoshoot thing.

"You took pictures too?" Angelo perked up and I shrugged, setting my satchel bag on the floor next to the desk as we sat on the stools.

"A little, with Moo." I said, "I never got to see them, funny enough."

"Think they're in this edition?" Angelo asked eagerly leaning forward to peek into the magazine with the guy in front of him and I giggled, smacking his shoulder lightly.

"Don't do that. Besides, if I was, people would've been staring at me all the while." I thought aloud, "wow, come to think of it, I can't feel the pressure of a thousand condescending eyes on me anymore, could it be? What if I'm no longer queen bee?!" I gasped happily.