Chapter Six: The Outfit.

After school closed, Hale came finding me, there was a new announcement to be made at the football court and I had to be there with him.
Judging by Hale's excited look, I could guess what the announcement was going to be about.

Angelo had to come too though I doubted he had any business with football.
Since I was going, Susan and Annie thought they'd tag along. I couldn't talk to any of them on the way though since Hale kept me glued to his side.

Jason McGuire, the Captain and definitely the most popular guy in this school was there with the Coach on the field.

"So, your boyfriend finally made the team." Annie drawled as we watched the four of them discuss from our seats.

"But what's Angelo doing there?" Susan asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What?!" Hale's suddenly exclaimed, "he tried out just yesterday but you're gonna make him a quarterback?!"

"Ohhh, drama." Susan sang and hurried down the stairs to get closer to the group. Annie and I immediately followed her.

"I've been trying to get into the school team for months now, Coach. You cannot just let him have this on a silver platter!" Hale said, face contorted with disbelief.

"Pfft, his diapers were handed to him on a silver platter" Annie murmured, checking her fingernails. "Now it's someone else's turn but he's flipping out. Typical."

"Angelo is... really talented" The Coach said lamely.

"I'm really talented" Hale shot back, jabbing a finger into his chest.

The Coach and Jason shared a look.

"But you made me a...a Blocking back!" Hale continued.

"Is he gonna cry?" Annie asked aloud before slapping her palm over her mouth.

I held back my laughter so Hale won't turn on me. Jason turned around and stared at Annie like he was seeing her for the first time.

He probably was, I didn't really know, the popular guys never looked at us cool nerds.

Annie gave him a really mean glare but he just smirked and turned back to the others with the smile still on his face.

"Let's just be good sportsmen, Frances." Jason McGuire said. "I'm throwing a party and you two are gonna be there, I just don't want any..."

"Oh don't be worried" Angelo shrugged, bringing a small packet of chips out his pocket and munching on them. "He's my favorite cousin, he never fights with me over little things. Am I right, Cuz?"

Hale's fists trembled and even though he wasn't looking at me, I felt the small urge to hide behind Annie. "Of course" he said through his teeth, smiling through his anger at Angelo.