Chapter Fifty-six: The Turning Point.

⚠️ Trigger warning: This chapter may contain scenes that might be disturbing to some readers. Beware. ⚠️
Long Chapter Ahead.

"Bye you guys, go have fun and stuff okay?" I waved to my parents as they walked through the front door, my Dad holding it open for Mom who looked gorgeous as always, but especially tonight.
"Enjoy your date for me."

"I told you, it's not a date." Dad pulled on his collar, nervously. "We're going to meet someone."

I smiled smugly, "Yeah, you said, don't have to repeat it. But uh, won't you be going elsewhere after the meeting...?"

Dad looked between me and Mom before giving me a look, "Going to Target isn't a date-"

"Anything can be a date." Me and Mom said together before she coughed and dusted her maxi skirt lightly.

"Not that this is one though." She added and I went to grab the door handle.

"Alright, alright, now shoo." I said, making the gesture with my hand and shutting the door, just for Dad to stop it with his foot.

"Are you sure you're not having someone over? You seem too eager to send us away." He narrowed his eyes at me, through the little space left.

I shrugged, "Well, Angelo's working tonight and he's kind of the only friend I have at the moment so... no."

"Ah that," Dad nodded, scratching the stubble on his jaw, "well uh... don't worry, everything's going to b-"

"Bye!" I cut in and pushed the door the rest of the way.

I heard him mutter a "This child," as he went while Mom said goodnight with a laugh. I just went upstairs to get ready for a shower, passing by Moo who was entertaining herself with a ball of yarn in the living room.

With a roll of my eyes, I noticed Dad's bedroom light was on despite his 'save energy' speech earlier today. I turned it off for him before going into my room and deciding to do my thing by the light of my bathroom too.
One of the vinyl cd's I'd gotten was a Bruno Mars one and I hummed along to the tune as picked out my pajamas, just thinking random thoughts.

Maybe if I made too much Mac and cheese, I could take some over to Angelo tonight. I couldn't follow through with the thought though, since I didn't have a car at the moment.

Under the shower, I thought about convincing Dad to get me a new one by going out at night by bus and half scaring him to death. But I'd probably given him enough heart attacks by now with how often I kept running away with Angelo.

The thought made me giggle to myself as I got out of the shower, drying my hair with a towel as I stepped back into my room.

Humming quietly, I inspected my face in the mirror and removed the plastic wrap on my cast, today was quite uneventful and I was glad about that, it was good to know that I too could catch a break sometimes.

Frowning to myself, I wondered when my music had stopped playing and reached out to lower the tone arm of the record player back on the record.

"Moo, keep your kitty paws off my stuff!" I called, thinking she was in the room somewhere. Then with the music playing, I paused suddenly, wondering if Moo had also somehow turned on the light.

"You really did clean out all I ever got you." Someone chuckled.

An arrow of mortification ran through my spine, causing a warped scream to spill out my mouth as I all but jumped backwards and away from the figure standing behind my open closet.