Chapter Thirty-one: The Only Family Left.

A/N: Get ready fam, this is gonna be a really long one.

"Angelo, I asked you a hundred times if you wanted your own coffee." I said, putting down the box of decorations I had so I could grab my drink from him before he finished it.

"And I said no a hundred times." He replied reaching for it again.

"You don't get to drink mine then!"

"Yours taste much better."

I laughed and kept holding the Starbucks cup away from him though we both knew it was pointless.

Even though I saw it coming, I couldn't help gasping when his arm came around my waist, suddenly holding me against him.

"You look surprised," he observed smugly, taking my hand by the wrist so he could bring the straw to his lips.

"Screw you." I said with a sigh of defeat.

"You just might." Annie cut in, walking past us to climb a stool so she could hang her millionth skull garland on the wall. "Don't think I don't see what you two have been up to."

With an amused shake of my head, I stepped back from Angelo before picking the box, deciding to just leave him with the drink.

"Oh, come on Annie, they're in their natural habitat!" Susan groaned, lowering the camera from her face.

Hotel Lotus was short of guests today to our convenience. It was easier for a group of teenagers like us to be lousy and decorate the lobby without disturbing anyone.

And we really were lousy.

"Why not stop lounging around and actually help finish decorating?" Annie threw over her shoulder.

Susan was about to give a snarky reply when her eyes caught on the receptionist who just came out of the lobby bathroom and was heading back to his post.

"Hey, where're your cousins anyway?" I asked Angelo who was lowering himself into a single couch with his eyes on his phone.
Absently, I wondered if he was addicted to social media or something.

"Upstairs, Pedro and Tio Damien went for the Halloween event at their church though." He replied. "Camilo isn't back yet."

"Aww, I was hoping to introduce you to Camilo, Susan." I said wheeled around to find her lounge chair empty. "Susan?"

"There she goes again," Annie stepped down from her stool with a sigh.

Susan had followed the receptionist who I think was called Robbie and was currently flirting with him over the front desk.
I couldn't tell if he looked interested or not from here.

Just then, Hunter walked in through the front door with two bags.

"Our costumes are here!" Annie said and waved him over.

"Whoa! This place looks much cooler on the inside!" Hunter gasped, looking up and around. "The outside looks abandoned, is that on purpose?" Then he gestured back to the entrance. "Is that a skeleton by the front desk? It's wearing a skirt. Who put on a skirt for the skeleton?"

"Enough questions, McNamara." Annie said, grabbing a bag from him and looking inside. "Did you get all the stuff?"

"All your stuff present and accounted for, vampire queen." Hunter replied and grinned when he looked past me at Angelo. "What's up bro?" He went in for a slap-shake.

Unfortunately, Moo was now curled up on Angelo's armrest and she hissed and swiped at Hunter's hand.

"Sheesh!" Hunter exclaimed, jumping back with a laugh. "You know me, Moo! I've been to your place once."