Prologue

THE WATER sprayed from the faucet that Gabriel Kovacs opened as he stepped into the shower. He was sighing before he closed his eyes, feeling the cold water against his sore muscles. The flight from Lacul Rosu to Sicily was horrific as he was staying on the couch and was squeezed by two people who were invading his space.

Gabriel sighed before he looked around the en suite bathroom where he and Aaron, his cousin, were staying for their one-month vacation from the research facility that they went to work for. Gabriel did not know why he went to get some experience when he had lived for 250 years on this earth.

Maybe he was a little bored and wanted to have some excitement in his life. The hope that he would find his mate was eating at him and being a person who cannot stay still for a minute, he decided to get involved with the research center.

And he convinced his cousin to come with him as well.

Gabriel took a bar of soap and washed his body before rinsing off. Then, he closed the faucet and dried himself with a towel as he went out of the shower and walked toward the countertop. He wiped the foggy mirror as he was looking at his handsome face with tired blue eyes.

Women would consider him handsome by 21st century standards but he would not believe them since they were not his mate. And to have any word from his mate would be precious to him. For now, Gabriel will be stuck hearing the lies that the women tried to tell him just to get into his bed.

He sighed before he took a toothbrush and brushed his teeth. His fangs were hidden as he did not retract them from his gums and he could do it anytime he wanted. But for now, it was best to keep it hidden from the world that did not believe in the existence of Vampire.

Or what they were known by the term Blue Blood because of the blueish-red blood that flowed through his veins.

After that, Gabriel shaved his stubbles before he nodded at himself, satisfied that he had cleaned up well and would be getting some rest and a peaceful vacation afterward. They arrived in the morning at the hotel in Sicily Island, Italy and to think that he would be spending some time in isolation from his family and colleagues—

"What are you doing so long in the bathroom? I need to pee, Kovacs," his cousin, Aaron, shouted as he was rapping at the door. Gabriel sighed and rolled his eyes before he put on his jeans and shirt he opened the door and dried his hair with the towel.

"Can you please wait for another minute? I am almost done and right now, I don't care. Who asks you to sleep when we've arrived here?" he said before Aaron glared at him.

Gabriel stepped away from the door as Aaron got inside and slammed the door. He chuckled before he was looking at the trays that were on the table.

At least his cousin has ordered food service.

"Do you want me to wait before eating our breakfast?" he asked Aaron as he was doing his business in the bathroom.

"Go ahead, I think I will be a while in here," his cousin said before Gabriel shook his head and went to take a grape and popped it into his mouth. He went to step onto the balcony that was connected to the living room as he was looking at the dawn as the sun was starting to rise from the east.

He and Aaron will be sleeping all day before they go out at dusk since the sun will be hurting their eyes and skin, courtesy of the Darker Side that they have in the blood that had run for generations in their family tree.

Some resources said that the Darker Side can be found in the Forbidden Fruit that was found in exploring the pine forest himself and saw the evidence as well as holding it in his hands, he would not believe the lore that was told by their ancestors.