Chapter 16

UGH, I don't know why I have to attend weddings. That was the first thought that Aaron had when he was looking at the decorations that took place around the ballroom. It was nothing serious since his cousin, Alina, was married to a new fledgling.

Her husband is to be named Kyle Conti and he's Italian. Aaron didn't know why she did that. He sighed before his mother was staring at him. Aaron smiled at her before Gabriel was nudging Aaron's arm with his elbow. He turned to look at his cousin.

"Will you come out or not? We have to go now! I think I heard some screaming," Gabriel whispered before Aaron was looking at him. This cousin of his was not having the best day since his mate who disappeared since that fire on Sicily and they have been searching for her—well Gabriel has been relentless to search for her and right now, he was having a feeling that she's near.

How can she be here of all places in the world and just appear after that tragedy in Sicily? Aaron thought before he was glaring at his cousin.

"Will you cut it out? It will be over soon," Aaron whispered to him before Gabriel was cursing at him. He smiled before Aaron was clapping with the other guests that attended Alina's wedding as she was married for eternity. Good for her, Aaron thought as he sighed. He had been waiting and wondering the earth for 250 years to find his mate, only to find that his mate was someone from the other side of the war. Gabriel had already found his mate, telling all about it to his mother so that left Aaron in the dust. And his mother would not shut up about it.

"Aaron, where are you going?" Aunt Carla asked as he was looking at Gabriel, who was rushing toward the balcony to go out into the pine forest of Lacul Rosu before he smiled.

"I want some fresh air. I see you later," Aaron said before he was ushering Gabriel to the garden before they slipped away. Aaron knew that his mother would be killing him later if she knew what Gabriel and he were up to in the pine forest in the middle of their cousin's wedding. But Aaron did not care for Gabriel had foreshadowed something bad will happen.

"Come on, we don't have much time," Gabriel said as he was vampiric speeding across the forest as Aaron was following him. He can be restless when he wanted to, Aaron thought of his cousin, smiling when they came across the fire that was burning the only village that stayed close to the ruins that could bring them to the sanctuary that had been founded by their ancestors centuries ago.

*****

Bianca did not know where she was. Oh, she knew that she was at the birth village of her parents but something was not sitting right with her as she was looking at it. She felt something rose inside her and wanted to control her right now when her body was burning up like she was drowning in the fire that she was building from the houses that she was burning right now. She felt her mouth was curling into a smile as she was floating across the air when people were running and screaming as they tried to find shelter for the night.

"Kneel before me!" she shouted as she was shooting more fire from her hands. She did not know that she was capable of doing such a thing but of course, her parents were talking about so many things that she did not know about as well.

She was looking at the familiar faces that she had come to know and love from the past few days that she was staying in the village. And right now, she was destroying said village with something that came out of her hands.

Fire. The fire was shooting out of her hands as if she was a match.

Bianca was feeling like she was watching a movie and she was the star. There she was, standing in front of the burning forest, licking away those houses when Bianca was looking at the people who were looking at her, frightened. She didn't know if it was a dream that she was having right now. But it felt all too lucid and real to be a dream.