Chapter 26

BIANCA was looking at her parents as if she was in a dream. She cannot let that statement, the statement where they said that she cannot come back to the village, was still burning in her chest, wanting to keep that promise. But it would seem that she was wrong.

She was so deadly wrong.

"Bianca? Will you talk with us? Or are you still mad at us, my love?" her mother, Adina was asking her as she was looking at her. She was beautiful, Bianca knew because she inherited the same rust mane from Adina.

But her eyes were blue, not like Gabriel's of course, but it was enough to make anyone on the streets as her mother walked by stop and stare. Bianca just didn't know how her father managed to snatch a beauty to himself.

Bianca clenched her jaws. "If you know the answer to that, I wish you never had to ask me, Mama," she said as she can see that Gabriel was having this look on his face, as if he was miles away and when he turned away from their conversation, she knew why.

Gabriel must have telepathic communication with his cousin as she discovered that Aaron can speak mind to mind with anyone he wanted. And right now, his cousin needed his attention. She sighed.

So much for protecting me, husband, she mused as she was looking at her father.

"What about you, Papa? Are you asking me the same thing as well?" she asked before her father was shaking his head, stepping closer to Bianca. She stood her ground.

Her father took her hands, gripping them tightly as his amber eyes, the one that Bianca inherited from him, were searching her face. Then, Cezar smiled.

"I can see that you are happy, my love. Why is that?" he asked as Bianca was snatching her hands back from her father. She didn't know why but she felt like she wanted to throw a tantrum with her parents. She felt childish but it was so satisfying when she did it.

She scoffed. "Even if I am happy, I don't see why I should be telling you, Papa. After all, you abandoned me when I lost control and if not for Gabe, I would have..." Bianca felt the lump on her throat as she cannot continue her sentence.

Then, she turned around, giving her parents her back as she knew that she needed a minute to get her emotions intact. But it was difficult when she knew all that it would take from them was a hug and Bianca would have forgiven them for throwing her out when she was running amok with her powers.

"Oh, my love," her parents cooed her, pulling her into a hug as Bianca was hugging them back, kissing their cheeks as she was sobbing silently. She missed them. She missed them so much so that her heart ached when she first saw them.

And to think that they would perish in my own making, I would never forgive myself, she thought as she was hugging them tighter.

"Now, now, Bianca. I know it was horrible of us to tell you that but we thought that you would like to come home once more. With your new husband," her mother said as she was wiping the tears that were brimming her eyes. For some reasons unknown, she cannot shed them. Bianca blinked her eyes.

"What do you mean?" she asked as her father was gripping her shoulder.

"We have been rebuilding the village and we thought that you would like to see the new set up. It was not like any other traditional village anymore for you have known your heritage. It's time for you to learn your lineage, my love," Cezar said as Bianca smiled.

"Well, thanks to Gabe, he explained stuff to me. Unlike you guys, you would not tell me a thing," she said before her parents laughed. Then, Bianca was laughing with them.

"It was supposed to be that way. Until your mate tells you the truth, we were to keep things under wrap. And now, we can come out as well," Adina said as she was showing flame that she produced with her hand, igniting on top of her palm. Bianca gasped.