Chapter 7

GABRIEL was cleaning up the table that he was having a dinner date with Bianca just now. A smile was plastered to his lips as he could not forgo the remark that she was giving after he said, lying in human timeline, of his age.

I thought you were ancient.

Gabriel smiled before he shook his head. Well, I think I will have such a good time with my mate later, he thought as the front door was burst open and Aaron was walking inside the room. He was whistling before he walked toward the table and picked up some of the meat that Gabriel cut earlier and ate them.

"Oh, this is amazing," Aaron said before Gabriel shook his head as well as rolled his eyes at her cousin. Then, he was putting the dirty plates for the housekeeping to be coming later on.

"So, how was your date?" Aaron asked Gabriel before he just shrugged at his cousin. Aaron snickered before he was shedding his long coat as he was out from his night stroll.

"Did you have fun tonight with your people-watching?" Gabriel asked before Aaron smirked at him.

"You would not believe what happened tonight," he said before Gabriel was arching his eyebrow.

"Really? So will you be sharing this information with me or are we just going to—"

"Fine! You asked for it. I went on a stroll with a woman," Aaron said as he was opening a water bottle before drinking it. Gabriel was blinking his eyes at his cousin for he never thought that Aaron would be going on a stroll with a woman, let alone a stranger that he did not know.

"Do I know her or—"

"I can assure you, cousin, that she was not someone that you knew but I will keep that bit for now," Aaron said before he took another meat strip and went out of the kitchen as Gabriel was coming after him.

"You scum! Tell me her name!" he barked as Aaron was laughing so hard while Gabriel was running after him in their hotel suite that night.

*****

Astrid opened her eyes when she felt like she was being watched but when she was looking around, she was still in her rented room in the hotel as the Vampire that she had to hunt and kill. She sighed before she rolled and then the noise continued to haunt her ears.

She looked at the special phone that was her contact for the Order. She got up from the bed and went to pick the phone while thinking who could be calling her in the middle of the night right now.

"Hello?" she said in Romanian before she cleared her throat as if she was not sleeping just now.

"Huntress. How is the hunt going right now?" the familiar, new voice was hitting her eardrum before Astrid was up and about in the room as His Holiness was asking about her report for the hunt of one Vampire.

Aaron Covaci.

"I am still in the first phase with the vampire. I cannot say that he has my trust just yet but I am working on it. But I did insert myself in his group this evening and apparently, he did not suspect a thing, Master," she said with confidence as His Holiness was humming at the end of the line.

"Hmm, interesting. And how did you do that even after 5 days of going to Sicily, Italy?" His Holiness said as Astrid was trying so much not to roll her eyes. She knew that her new Master was trying to make sure that she could do her job.

And Astrid damn well knew how to do her job.

"I found our common point and worked through my way from there, Master," she said as she was looking at the city lights that were shining on the town square of the island. She was gripping the phone as she was trying to control her emotions as she knew that something was off from the way that Aaron was not suspecting her of anything.