Chapter 13

BIANCA was dreaming again as she was standing around the dark forest that she did not know where she was. She was looking around everything was murky, darkness surrounded her. She was looking at the ground and her feet were bare as she did not wear any shoes. Bianca turned at the midnight skies as she was calling for someone to hear her, anyone that might be near her at this moment.

"Hello? Is someone there?" she asked as Bianca was walking around. She did not know if anyone would hear her but she had to try. She did not want to be trapped in this forest when she knew that someone, Gabriel, was waiting for her at Sicily Island. She was turning around as there were footsteps that she heard. Then, she was following the sound that she heard from a distance.

How Bianca can hear that far? She had no idea.

Bianca was looking at the fleeing birds that were flapping their wings across the midnight skies as she was running against the moist ground. Her feet were touching everything and she felt something was burning inside her.

Something that wanted to make sure that everything that she touched, everything that she felt, and everything that she saw was burning all up into yellow and red.

"Bianca!" someone called for her but when Bianca turned to look who it was, she was stepping into the abyss of darkness that consumed her more than ever until nothing was left.

*****

"In other related news, we have uncovered—"

Gabriel was looking at the coffee machine as he was making some black coffee for him to sip on when he couldn't sleep in his bedroom. He yawned as he was looking around the suite for any sign of Aaron but his cousin was nowhere to be found.

Gabriel did not know if Aaron was in his bedroom or he had gone out when it was clearly early dawn, around 5 AM. But he just shrugged when he knew that his cousin can take care of himself if he needed to.

Unlike Bianca, if she'd ever been discovered by the Order of Holy if they ever knew that she was his mate.

Gabriel grabbed the coffee mug as he poured some hot black coffee. Then, he went to take a seat at the sofas as he turned up the volume of the news that was happening right now, right on the island where he was at the moment.

"An instantaneous combustion has consumed one row of the houses in the residential area here in Sicily Island. The cause of the fire was unknown but it would seem that it started at one of the residences there by the name of Bianca Belmonte—"

Everything was still inside Gabriel as he was watching the news. His heartbeat accelerated as he was looking at the yellow and red fire that was still consuming the houses from which he knew intimately.

Bianca! His thought went ahead as his hand slipped the mug to the carpeted floor, pouring the content of his black coffee before he was standing up and went to his bedroom to get dressed.

Then, Gabriel was running toward the door, unlocking it before he closed it and ran ahead to the house where he knew his mate was residing.

Please be okay, my love. Please be okay, he prayed as Gabriel was running as fast as he could without giving any clue that he might be superfast with his vampiric run.

Gabriel was hiding from shadows to shadows as the sun was not yet rising on the horizon even though it was 5 AM. He breathed hard as he was closer to his destination. And when he arrived, Gabriel kneeled to the ground when the houses that were on the news were all gone, burned to ashes.

*****

Aaron was making his way toward the coffee shop that he had been visiting for a week now. The old woman was smiling at him, nodding as she got started on the usual order that he would get from the shop.