Chapter 17

BIANCA was tossing and turning before she opened her eyes, looking around at the unfamiliar room that she was sitting in. She was alone on the bed as she was feeling the luxurious covers against her skin. She looked under the covers only to find that she was wearing a hospital gown.

Bianca didn't know where she was and the only thing that she remembered was her name which was Bianca Belmonte. She furrowed her eyebrows as she was looking at the one-window room before she heard footsteps outside.

Suddenly, the door of the room was opened, revealing to her a man—a very handsome man—that was wearing a lab coat as he carried a tray of assorted food and a pitcher of water.

He smiled when he saw that she was awake, only wearing the hospital gown and nothing else. "Ah, you're awake," the brunet handsome man said as he was carrying the tray that was smelling delicious, making Bianca's stomach growled as she saw the sight of bacon and omelet. The brunet man laughed.

"Here, I thought you might be hungry," he said as he put the tray in front of her. Bianca was waiting for this stranger to go away as she didn't want to be rude. He just chuckled as he saw that she was licking her lips, wanting to eat the food already.

Then, he sat on the edge of the bed, staring at me with his brilliant blue eyes. "What are you waiting for? Dig in," he said as he was pushing the tray toward her. Bianca smiled at him before she went to stuff her face with the food. It was unladylike but Bianca could care less about her appearance now. She was famished as Bianca moaned when she tasted the flavors all over her mouth.

So, this is what heaven feels like, she mused as she was eating more and more of the food that was on the tray. Bianca did not care if this man was thinking how she messed up the bed or anything. To her surprise, the brunet man just chuckled softly again.

"Take it easy. you can have it all," he said as he laughed at her behavior. Who was this person and what he wants with me? Bianca thought as she was stuffing her face more with food as she was munching and chewing them.

After a moment, she finished eating and Bianca was drinking the orange juice. She gave the glass to him before the stranger put it on the tray, then moved it to the night table beside the bed. He turned his blue eyes on her, searching her face as Bianca was wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

The stranger smiled. "Are you satisfied?" he asked her. Bianca nodded before she belched loudly. She closed my mouth with her hand as Bianca did not expect her to be lack manners. Now, she was ashamed of her action but the handsome man just laughed at her.

"Huh, it's like you never slipped away," he said as he took my hands. She hesitated before Bianca just let him—a stranger—hold her hands. "I'm so glad that you are okay," he said with a breaking voice. If Bianca didn't know any better, the stranger was crying—a man was crying in front of her!

She hesitated but then, Bianca just ignored her insecurity as she was squeezing his hands. "Hey," she said as her voice was hoarse, not used in a very long time. The man looked up at her as Bianca cleared her throat before she speak again.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm here," she said as Bianca was looking at him. The brunet handsome man looked at her before she smiled at him. Then, Bianca wiped his tears away with her hands as his brilliant blue orbs were staring at her face.

"I know, I know. We cannot dwell on the past now," he said as he smiled at her. Bianca smiled at him before she composted herself to ask the dire question that she had been waiting to know at the moment.

"Just one tiny question," Bianca said as she looked at him, smiling weakly.

I have to show that I am not scared of him and maybe he will be giving me some answer, she thought as Bianca was sitting closer to him. The stranger smiled at her before urging me to ask him. It would seem that he was eager to answer her question. Bianca took a deep breath and spoke her mind.