Chapter 5- Meringue

"Do it yourself, amuse me

"Do it yourself, amuse me." -Grayson Hawthorne

---

I woke up with my sisters next to me on the bed, each holding a hand. "Avery, Libby." I said in a voice that sounded like it hadn't been used in a while. Avery was the lightest sleeper of all of us and woke up first. She embraced me tightly, suffocating me. I let out a laugh and hugged her back with one arm. Libby woke up next and soon enough the three of us were hugging each other.

"How are you feeling?" Libby asked as she combed through my hair. "I can breath properly now, so better than earlier obviously." I snorted and they both grinned, glad I was back to my usual self. "How long was I out for?" I asked them, "a day." they answered. I took the information in and threw it to the back of my brain. I was out for 2 and a half days once but I'm still out here living.

"What happened after I passed out?" I asked and they both shared a look. "Everyone was fighting, saying that there must be a mistake and stuff like that. But.." Libby paused, Avery took it as her cue to continue. "But a lawyer said that the will was ironclad and is unbreakable, or something." I frowned.

"Does this mean I could get Orion back?" I asked them and they smiled. "Yes, it does." I took a deep breath of excitement, I was getting him back. He'd love this house, he should have his own room I think or maybe he could sleep with me.

I paused my excitement and thought of another question to ask. "How much do we have each?" I asked Avery even though I already knew the answer. "23 billion." She answered plain and simple making my eyes widen.

"That's fucking cra—" I was cut off by a knock on the door. Libby stood up to get it, "That must be Oren." she said and I lifted an eyebrow in confusion. "He's the man who carried you earlier, I don't know if you remember." I nodded my head as a way of saying that I do remember. I didn't.

Oren stepped in the room and walked over to me. "Ms. Grambs I have already informed your sister about the late Tobias Hawthorne asking me to stay and work as your head of security, but since there are two of you, my colleague and will handle the other." he cleared his throat and another man walked in, the contrast between their skin colors was beautiful. Reminded me of the yin and yang sign.

"This is Mike and my name is Oren. Mike will be Ms. Lorelai Grambs' main head of security and I will be Ms. Avery Grambs' main head of security." He paused to let us take in the information.

I nodded in understanding, "Both of you will reside in Tobias Hawthorne's two rooms." He explained then motioned to our surroundings, "This one is Ms. Lorelai's room and the one next to it, through that door, is Ms. Avery's room." he pointed to the door, mirroring the bed.

"Mike and I will be stationed by your doors every night and we'll be with you both wherever you go." he explained. I nodded in understanding, "Ms. Lorelai, once you're feeling better we'll talk about your security measures." Mike told me. Oren said nothing so I predicted that he and my sister already spoke about it.