Chapter 35- Cream Brulee

"I say wrong things at the wrong time, get used to it

"I say wrong things at the wrong time, get used to it." -Lorelai Grambs

---

I was back on my bed, staring at the same ceiling. It's been two hours since I left Grayson's room and called him by a nickname. I felt my face burn in embarrassment every time I thought about it. 'Be serious, Gray', what was wrong with me?

Orion was asleep on the bed, snoring. I felt my stomach grumble. I've been wanting to get a snack since earlier but I still couldn't shake off the fact that I might get killed for stepping out of my room. I mean, I did go to Grayson but that's different. Our bedrooms were practically the same. It was connected so I didn't technically leave my room earlier.

I contemplated going down to the kitchen to grab a snack but if I did that then Mike would have to follow me, breathing down my neck. My stomach grumbled again and I knew that I had no other choice than to go down stairs.

I placed a soft kiss on my sleeping dog's belly and headed for the door. I wrapped the robe around me tighter in case there was a breeze. I had clothes underneath this time.

I quietly opened the door and stepped out. Mike was there, he greeted me with a little nod and we both started walking, with him behind me. I made a few turns and walked down the familiar stairs to the kitchen.

Once I got there, I could see light pouring into the hallway. I stopped in my tracks, surprised. Someone was singing inside. I peeked and saw Xander with a butter knife. He was holding a piece of bread in the other hand. I walked out to make myself known, "Hi." I greeted, it seemed like forever since I last spoke to Xander.

He seemed startled by my sudden appearance. "Hey, I'm making a sandwich. Want one?" he asked, setting the butter knife down and biting into his slice of bread with what looked like nutella on top.

I thought quickly, if I said yes then I'd get something to eat but if I said no then I'll have to pretend to just get some water instead of some other snack since it would look rude.

My grumbling stomach answered for me. Xander smiled cheekily, "What'll it be?" he asked, "There's peanut butter, coffee spread, nutella." he paused to try and remember, "It's a lot, there's marshmallow too if you want." he said, turning the blue tooth speaker down. "I'll go check, where're the spreads?" I asked, walking further into the kitchen.

I was trusting Xander right now, if he decided to stab me with that butter knife it'll be partially my fault. "Over there." he pointed to a drawer while making another one of his single bread sandwiches. He was swaying to the music and lip-syncing to the lyrics.

I recognized this song. It was On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez. I walked over to the drawer, smiling slightly to myself simply because I was amused.

I opened the drawer and spotted some strawberry jam, I took it out and walked towards the large kitchen island. Xander graduated from swaying to dancing, it wasn't very extreme but it was enough to know that he really was dancing.