Chapter 13- Biscoff Cookies

"Do you see it now?" -Grayson Hawthorne

---

The whole afternoon was spent on pampering my twin and I. Neither of us spoke, even when all the stylists left to fetch outfits from our closets. I played games on my phone and when I got sudden surges of anger, I write down why. I must have filled up my notes app at this point. Everything bothered me, from the heat of the blow dryer to the way I breathed. My breathing better just shut up, I can't handle it right now. It's too loud.

I stood up from my chair and walked over towards the glass doors separating me from the balcony. I opened it and inhaled the fresh air, this was the perfect change from hairspray. The pool glistened in the setting sun from below me.

Someone was swimming laps in the water and I noticed it immediately to be Grayson. The rock-like asshole. I watched him for a few minutes while waiting for him to stop. Once he did, I grinned, "Hi there Johnny Bravo!" I yelled from the balcony. He squinted at me, "Who are you?" he asked and I lifted an eyebrow. "The prettiest girl you've ever seen." I answered and recognition hit his face. "Oh, Lorelai." he said and swam towards me.

He lifted himself out the pool to stand directly under the balcony, "I didn't recognize you. Finally got rid of your warts I see." I scoffed at him, this light bantering was fun. "Yes, and I see you still haven't shed all your fur." I retaliated easily, mocking the way he used the word 'see'.

"Who's that?" Avery asked from behind me making me turn. "A dog." I answered shortly. She walked to lean over the balcony and check, "Hello Ms. Grambs." Grayson answered stoically, his teasing tone gone. "Hi." Avery replied. "How's your investigation with my brother going?" he asked all business like. "Fine, thanks for asking." she said, my curiosity growing. I wanted to know what they were talking about.

I didn't ask.

Avery walked back into the room, leaving Grayson and I alone again. "Brr, how cold." I teased. He rolled his eyes at me, "I thought you were going to eat breakfast." that roughly translated to, 'Why didn't you join me for breakfast?'... I think. I leaned onto the railing, "I was pulled in here at 8am." I paused, "I thought you would eat some lunch." I continued, this translated to 'I thought you were going to join me for lunch.'

He shrugged, "I didn't know where." I nodded in understanding. There was a brief pause before he spoke up again, "I'm going to get some dinner soon, you should too." he said and I swear I saw him blush, or maybe it was just the orange sunlight. Was I just overthinking everything he said? 

"Sure, where would I eat though?" I asked. Grayson thought for a moment, "In the astronomy tower." I had no clue where the astronomy tower was. I nodded, "What do you feel like eating? Because I really want some Mexican food." I said and hoped he would catch the hint.

The doors burst open and the stylists came back inside, "Rory, inside now please." one of the strict stylists ordered and started ushering me back in. "I'm going to eat Mexican too, what a coincidence!" he shouted after me. I was being pulled back inside gently and I grinned as I ran back to the railing. "Astronomy tower and Mexican food. I sure do hope I won't be lonely while I eat." I said before walking back inside.

"Relax Evan, I'm going back inside." I said to one of the stylists that tried to pull me. I felt like a giddy and blushing schoolgirl, this was exciting.

---

The stylists let me and my sister go, I dashed off the opposite way Avery was going, promising myself that I'll talk to her later. "Mike where's the Astronomy tower?" I asked the ghost like man behind me. "Follow me." he said and walked ahead.

We went down a flight of stairs then he led me out of the mansion towards the garden outside, I should've explored more. He walked towards a building and entered it after me. "So this is it?" I asked, looking around. "The construction of this was discontinued, so be careful when going up." he warned, walking in front of me to check if the steps were safe before I went on them.

After 5 minutes or so, we made it to the top. There was a blanket on the ground with pillows, food on top, and a candle. The floors were wooden and I worried about accidentally knocking the candlestick over and burning the building down to a crisp.

I heard some shuffling behind me, making me turn around. I expected to see Mike but I think he went back down to give me some privacy. Grayson, the asshole was the one behind me. "We should really stop bumping into each other like this." I said with fake shock in my voice. "We really should, but since we're here together would you like to join me for dinner?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure but this doesn't mean I like you." it was his turn to roll his eyes playfully, "I wouldn't want it any other way."

There was a part of me that believed he was only acting nice to get some secrets. I knew that was most likely the case but who would I be to deny a dinner with Grayson Hawthorne? 

I took my ballet flats off and sat down on the blanket, the stars here were very bright. More proof that people with a shit ton of money get everything. My hands smoothed down my skirt and tucked them neatly, just in case the air decided to lift it and be a bitch. "Are you going to eat standing up? Because I would prefer it that way." I teased making him scoff as he sat down.

I eyed the food as he shifted to get more comfortable. "Get some, we both know how much you want to." I grinned excitedly and took a taco, I bit into it and savored the flavors. He took an empanada and the meal began.

---

The half finished food lay between us as we stared out the glass on top of us. "Orion." I said. We've been playing this game since we finished eating, I would give him a constellation or a star to find and he would point it out for me. "Isn't that your dogs name?" he asked as he looked for the constellation. I hummed a reply, "Mhm, how'd you know that?" I asked.

I felt him shrug. "I heard Libby telling Xander about it."

That single sentence made my mouth taste sour, why does she tell Xander everything? Grayson pointed, "There it is." I squinted and tried to look at where he was pointing. "Where?" I asked. I felt him place his hand on my jaw, he lightly held it and shifted my face gently. My eyes widened.

"Do you see it now?"

I nodded, "Yes." lie. Grayson let go of my face and waited for me to say what he should find next. "Umm," I thought. "Gemini."

I rubbed my eyes and moved to lie on my side, I closed my eyes briefly just to rest them. "There." he said quietly and I nodded. "Pretty." I replied for the sake of saying something. It was quiet for a while until I heard the clanking of porcelain meeting wood. I opened my eyes, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Moving these away so it's more comfortable." he answered simply, I nodded and closed my eyes again. "Okay, tell me when you're done." I whispered.

I never did get to know when he finished cleaning it up.

***
idk if this is too fast but dw theyre going to hate each other again <3 its a spoiler ik also theres one more chapter after this and idk if ill be able to continue it im so sorryy