Chapter 19- S'mores

"Have you ever thought of going blonde?" -stylist

---

I was seated with Alisa and Avery, "Right here are the files you asked for." she handed me an envelope with the Hawthorne crest on it. "I need another favor, can you find out who arranged the fake sex scandal article?" I placed the envelope under my hands on the table.

Alisa shook her head, "I'm afraid not, I've already tried but they wouldn't tell me. I threatened to sue for publishing it without Grayson's consent but they told me I won't be able to since someone else consented for him." she answered. Shit, so it must be a Hawthorne, the name will always mean something. I started on thinking of other things I could do to find out which Hawthorne it truly was.

Ever since the encounter I had with Grayson accusing me of doing it, I turned skeptical. Maybe he didn't do it, and besides I don't think he's smart enough to execute something like that. But I wouldn't take him out of the suspect list no matter what. "Could you get me a list of the people working there and their phone numbers?" I asked Alisa.

She looked slightly confused then nodded, "That can be arranged."

Avery cleared her throat and started asking about the Red Will. Apparently there really was such a thing. "But before that I need you to do something for me." Alisa started.

---

There was a sister-brother styling team on me and Avery's asses. Alisa's something ended up being stylists. The woman was tiny and stayed pretty quiet while the man was probably 6'5 or 6'6, and thought out loud.

He was facing Avery, "You can't wear yellow, and I would encourage you to banish the words orange and cream from your vocabulary, but most every other color is an option." I was in my sister's room with a billion racks of clothes and dozens of trays of jewelry, the door connecting Avery's room to mine was open.

There were more clothes and accessories in my room, the man faced me, "No pink, no hot pink. Definitely no green, lime and dark green is possible. We need to bring out your eyes." he examined me. I didn't really mind, this was sort of fun.

"You like solids don't you." the man said to Avery, stated more like. My sister looked at her clothes and shrugged, "I like simple."

"Simple is a lie." the woman mumbled quietly, "But a beautiful one sometimes." she continued. Libby was with us, she snorted and tried not to smile. I saw her dress, it was black but looked very country club. "Definitely no matching the girls. One wearing pink and then the other wearing green, blegh!" he exclaimed.

Libby was styled and given clothes before me and my sister so all she had to do now was sit and watch us suffer. "We should start with the hair." the male stylist looked at our hairs. "Your last stylists did a pretty good job, but I will make you girls glow. They sanded the diamond but I will make it shine." he clapped his hands together.