Chapter 26- Gummy Worms

"Drink

"Drink." -Grayson Hawthorne
(tw // she has a panic attack here)

---

Someone knocked on my door again. It was morning and I was all dressed up and ready for whatever today would bring. 

First things first, talk to Alisa. I need her to withdraw the 10,000 and I need her to get it to Harper. I fidgeted with my mother's ring just thinking about it.

I walked over to the door and opened it, there was a woman standing there with a tray of breakfast, "Hi." I greeted, slightly confused. "Our crew deep-cleans the house from top to bottom on Tuesdays." she informed me, setting the tray down on a table. "If it's all right with you, I'll start with the bathroom." she said, holding her hands together.

I stared at the food on the table, it was a lot. "Sure, what's your name?" I asked, walking over to the table. "Carmen." she answered, getting ready to go to the bathroom. "I'm Lorelai, but you can call me Rory." I replied and took a strawberry from the bowl. I bit into it and marveled at how wonderful it tasted. 

"You should try this." I smiled at her. Carmen shook her head, "No thank you, it would be inappropriate." she said. I frowned, odd. "I'll leave some for you when you're done cleaning." I said.

Carmen showed a look of disapproval but didn't say anything. I watched her walk into my closet to get to the bathroom. I picked up my bowl of fruit and started to munch on it as I walked out of my room and into the hall.

I needed to find Alisa. 

---

I suffered through the school day without seeing Avery, she was avoiding me. I didn't see Xander or Jameson anywhere either. This was all very strange. 

I held onto my backpack straps as I stared at the ground, avoiding everyone's gaze. The sleek black car was out front waiting for me, I tried to walk as fast as I could without looking like I was running. 

When I reached the car, Mike opened the door for me and waited until I got inside to shut it. "Rory." Avery said, sounding surprised. "Hi." I gave her a small smile. The only thing on my mind was the 10,000 dollars I needed to withdraw asap. 

I took my phone out of my blazer pocket and tried to get Alisa to respond to my messages. I didn't disclose anything, all I said was that I needed to talk to her. "Jameson asked you a question." someone nudged my elbow.

I looked up in confusion, "What?" I asked, shutting my phone off so no one could see what I was doing. "I asked if you had fun last night." he stated, sharing glances with Avery. "No, I didn't." I answered and held my fist shut. 

Please don't say anything more, please, please. "Sure, right. Of course." he snickered, "What the hell are you talking about?" Xander asked, looking at his brother like he was crazy. "Nothing, just wondering about the other Grambs twin." Jameson answered him. I shut out their conversation and turned my phone back on.